PDA

View Full Version : Please help me decide!!!

mommyj
05-30-2003, 11:17 AM
Sorry for all the questions lately, and sorry this message is so long!
After doing research for a few months, I'm finally going to order the rest of my newborn/small diapers. I've become somewhat obsessed with CDs, and I need to finish writing an article before my baby is born (9 more weeks!!!), so DH and I think I should just go ahead and make my big purchase. I can't wait!
Anyway, I already have several Prowraps seconds in NB and small, 2 medium ME AF covers to try out when the baby grows into them, and 12 Kissaluvs seconds size 0 (my major shopping victory).
I want to buy 3 more covers in both newborn and small, and I can't decide what to buy. I think my baby will have sensitive skin, because both DH and I have ridiculously sensitive skin. So, here are my options:
Bummis SIWW
Bumpy day (Are these worth the extra money?)
Bumpy wool (I would probably only buy one of these at the most,
since they're expensive)
ME AF
other covers I haven't mentioned

I could buy a combo of covers, or just buy a few of one of these to try out. Are Bumpy covers a lot softer than Bummis? How are they at containing breastfood poo?
Oh...I almost forgot...I'll be using CPFs and Kissaluvs for the first few months (or until I decide to add some hemp fitteds to my stash).

Thanks,
Jami

heytootsy
05-30-2003, 12:03 PM
For a newborn, I really liked the bummis sww a lot. They were good fits. I liked them better than the proraps. Once the baby hits 12 pounds or so, ME airflows, hands down. I don't think I'll ever buy a different wrap again, I love them. And they really hold on BF poo!

parkersmama
05-30-2003, 01:12 PM
I wouldn't bother getting anymore covers in the newborn size unless you expect your baby to be very small. The only advantage that I found was that newborn covers often have the umbilical cutout and that is helpful. My small covers seemed to coverup the umbilical area and kept it too moist...I had to fold them down. Right now I'm finding that I strongly prefer velcro covers rather than snaps. I'm surprised because I was sure I'd like snaps better. One plus on the velcro is that they are no-brainers and my dh can do them! The snaps seem to baffle him for some reason although he does fine with the Sandy's and Kissaluv's snaps. Go figure. I have a Proraps snap, Bummi's snap, ME Airflow (size small...it's still *very* big and she's 10 lbs now), Bumpkins (velcro), and regular velcro Proraps. I like the Proraps veclro-type the best right now. Even though the ME Airflow has a nice soft fabric, I find that it makes a weird crinkly noise when I hold dd and when she moves. I know that's silly but it annoys me! LOL! I'm definitely interested in trying a Bumpy Day cover and may get one soon if I can decide what size to buy. Good luck! BTW, we are loving our Kissaluvs 0s but they are already starting to get snug on the next to last snap and my baby is fairly lean (definitely not chubby!). I was hoping they'd last longer. I also really like my CPFs but dh just won't go there yet!

mommyj
05-30-2003, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the replies! I might just try Bummis and Bumpy covers, since they both seem to get good reviews, and I already have some ME AF to try out when my baby gets a little bigger. I keep changing my mind, though, so I guess it all depends when I hear back from the website from whom I'm trying to order my diapers.
Thanks again.
Jami