PDA

View Full Version : Joey Bunz sizes -- am I crazy...

sntm
06-03-2003, 08:35 AM
or are they exactly the same? I have a medium that I got as part of a sale at mamaessentials and just received 4 new smalls from naturalbabies and they are practically the same size (all of them vary slightly), same thickness, and trimmed in green, exactly the same. Only the tags are different.

For people who have them, do you have the same experience?

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

egoldber
06-03-2003, 08:42 AM
Have you washed the smalls yet? They will definitely shrink a bit after washing and drying. There is a size difference bewteen small and medium, although not a huge one. And there is a DEFINITE difference between a medium and a large. Overall, I find medium to be the most versatile size.

HTH,

sntm
06-03-2003, 09:28 AM
Hadn't washed either yet, but DH boiled them last night. Will see if the difference presents itself! The one good thing is it looks as though they will be useful for longer if I can interchange them.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

egoldber
06-03-2003, 10:18 AM
The shrinkage is most dramatic after the dryer.

I use all 3 sizes. I find the small to be a nice size for a daytime doubler for an older child. It adds lots of absorbancy and not as much bulk. In a large FuzziBunz, I often use a large and a medium. Almost the same absorbancy and a bit less bulky and makes it easier to stuff. In a medium FB, I used a medium and a small Joey.

HTH,

smkinc
06-04-2003, 12:18 AM
I found that the smalls were about an inch shorter than the mediums and ended up being the same width after washing. I don't think you're crazy, they seemed very similar in size to me too.

Mary
Mommy to Jeremiah 2/4/03

egoldber
06-04-2003, 07:20 PM
OK, so I measured mine today after the wash was done. :)

My small is about 2 1/2 inches smaller than the medium and the medium is also about 2 1/2 inches smaller than the large. Mine are well used, so they have probably shrunk all that they are going to shrink.

HTH,