PDA

View Full Version : dumb question

lizamann
06-03-2003, 11:00 AM
Hello all. I've been lurking on this board for about a month, and have learned a whole lot from you super posters. My DD is 18 days old, and we've been CDing from the beginning with CPF's from a diaper service and my own covers.

The problem - the BF poops don't stay in the CPF, but tend to get caught in the cover (thankfully only had 1 blowout that escaped the cover.)

The question: is that the point of the cover? Are they supposed to get dirty? If so, where's the fun in that, especially since I'm not washing dipes anyway bc of the service?

gravymommy3
06-03-2003, 11:28 AM
First off, have you tried using a snappi with the cpfs? That might help contain the flying poo. Second, the cover is there because if you did not have it, you would have damp/wet clothes. The cpfs get wet and you need a barrier between them and the "outside world" to keep the urine from wetting everything that comes in contact with the CPF.

Try a snappi and see if it does not cut down on the poop that escapes.

Good luck and congradulations on the new sprout.

celfsh
06-03-2003, 11:45 AM
BF poop is so runny and often explosive (!) that some poop will inevitably get on your covers. That said, using a Snappi as opposed to just laying the CPF in the cover should help.

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

egoldber
06-03-2003, 12:49 PM
A snappi should definitely help. And I'm afraid that occasional poop on a cover is gonna happen. I still get it occasionally, even though we are LONG past the days of BF poops.

On the upside, a cover definitely does a better job of containing those wild poops than a disposable does! Better to wash a cover than try to peel a pooped on outfit off your little one!

HTH,

sparkeze
06-03-2003, 11:08 PM
And your own clothes! I not only washed many poopy baby clothes but mine as well, since I was usually holding him when he pooped and it gets EVERYWHERE! That was in sposies of course. I've had a couple BF poop blowouts with fuzzi bunz but not with any other combo.