PDA

View Full Version : ME Airflow question

SASM
06-03-2003, 11:09 AM
When did this cover start properly fitting your baby?? I received my intro package cover about a month ago and it was HUGE then and it is still HUGE now. We bought two "Mediums" b/c the saleswoman at ME thought the "Small" would be too small. OH MAN...The Medium is just swimming on him :-( The only other cover that I have at the moment is a Stacinator Medium, which is also quite large on him. UGH!!!

gravymommy3
06-03-2003, 11:31 AM
Sharyn,

Get yourself some Proraps seconds until he grows into the other covers - unless you are using AIOs, you need more than two covers anyway (or you will drive yourself batty trying to keep him covered and the other cover clean.) The proraps are purported to be good and they are cheap.

hth

celfsh
06-03-2003, 11:56 AM
Sharyn, we started CDing when DD was about 6 months old. At the time, the medium Airflow fit her on the middle setting. She has pretty average-sized thighs--not super chunky but not skinny either.

Don't know if that helps at all...Amy is right, though, you definitely need more covers if you want to CD full time. We have Airflow, Prowrap, and Bummis covers, and like them all.

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

egoldber
06-03-2003, 12:46 PM
By swimming, do you mean poofy, or that it gaps at the leg openings and at the waist? If it is just poofy, the Airflow cover IS a bit poofy because of its design. It is not a trim cover.

If it is gaping at the legs or the waist, then you need a smaller size. You can find them all the time used on eBay or on the Motherease bulletin board.

HTH,

KathyO
06-03-2003, 01:31 PM
I had the same problem. I ended up using Rikki wraps until DD was about 15 pounds, since I could get a snugger fit around the legs. (She was a little skinny mini baby with puny thighs... this has now changed!) Once she hit the higher weight, though, the Airflows came into their own, and have been my favourite cover ever since. Hang onto that Airflow - you'll love it later!

HTH,

KathyO