PDA

View Full Version : More laundry questions.....

muskiesusan
06-03-2003, 07:41 PM
I just got a new washer and dryer yesterday, and I am a bit intimidated by all the choices I now face! I have always had very basic models before.

So now I have the option to soak only, or do a presoak as part of the wash cycle. Is the presoak enough, or should I still do a separate soak? Or should I skip the soak and do the prewash that is part of the wash cycle? I am so confused, I think I have too many options!

And why I am asking, what spin cycle do you use with your diapers? I am afraid to do anything too hard to them, but I guess they are meant to stand up to use.

Do you do anything to your cloth wipes before washing? Sometimes they end up poopier than my diapers and didn't know if I should rinse them out before washing.

Thank you for your help. I am awlful when it comes to laundry!

Susan
WAHM to Nicholas 10/01/01

egoldber
06-04-2003, 08:17 AM
Personally, I don't think that just a soak and a wash would do it. If I were you, I would start simple and make it more complex as you need to. Maybe start with the prewash and regular wash cycle. If necessary you can move to two wash cycles.

My washer has just about the fastest super duper spin cycle you could ever imagine. I swear, the thing sounds like a helicopter when it's spinning and regular clothes come out only slightly damp. I would say use the fastest spin you have. It hasn't hurt my diapers any and they dry in only 50 minutes on medium high heat.

HTH,