PDA

View Full Version : Newbie CD Drying Question

AugBaby
06-04-2003, 12:03 PM
I'm sorry to be so slow at filtering through all the different advice on washing and drying CDs. Combine that with my instant gratification problem and here I am, jumping around from site to site trying to find an answer to my specific question. Please forgive the newbie aspect of it. Can I dry MoE inserts in the dryer or will I be compromising the absorbancy or life of them?

Thanks!

Melanie
06-04-2003, 02:52 PM
Is it hemp? I think it's fine then. NO fabric softeners though.

It is my understanding that only PUL or the like is compromised by drying. Can anyone confirm this?

That makes me wonder now...about poly fleece..??

egoldber
06-04-2003, 03:45 PM
I think she means the MOE microterry inserts? Those are fine to dry in the dryer.

The problem (I think) with drying PUL is that it melts the water proofing material over time. That wouldn't be an issue with fleece, since the fleece are not water proof, just water resistant.

HTH,

AugBaby
06-04-2003, 07:23 PM
Yes, I did mean the microterry. Thanks for both responses as it probably saved me some anguish and another post in trying to figure out at a later date if I could throw something else in the dryer in a pinch. Now that I'm getting the basics of CDing down, I'm starting to feel the desire to eventually branch out from my FBs.

Thanks again :-)
C