PDA

View Full Version : Boys Clothes and CD'ing

liya
06-05-2003, 03:19 PM
Ok ok, im such a looser for asking this but hey ive noticed that girls have it way easier when it comes to CD'ing since you can put pretty dresses or leggings on them and not have to deal with the issue of the clothing over the diape(although it must get tiering)..But what to do if you have a boy..Today i noticed that my sons clothes almost dont fit over the diape and i have sooooo many overalls that i got from my friends...really good clothes that i dont want to have it go to waste....I havent washed the items or taken the tags out but im soooo dreaming of putting his little overalls on soon and fear i wont be able to due to the diape butt...For starters his baby gap jeans dont fit him with the CD's....Such a bummer!!!

For those of you who have little boy and CD....What on earth do they wear when they go out....????

TIA

csa12
06-05-2003, 03:32 PM
Hi Linda!

It's funny you are asking this b/c I am dealing with the same issue. My DS is already in the 95th per centile weight-wise for his age so I have resorted to buying 12-18 month clothes for a 4 month old!. The good thing is that the pants always fit even with a bubble butt and I won't have to worry about buying new clothes on a bi-weekly basis.

For bottoms, I have been buying mainly shorts so that I won't have to worry about length ( they can pass as pants or shorts ) and I have been buying a lot of rompers which don't look too ridiculously large on him. The overalls I did get are too small for CD's except for a Bumkins AIO (have you tried those? they are very trim). Occasionally, on long trips, he is in a disposable so that's when her wears clothes that otherwise won't fit. Oh yeah I try to stick with clothes from Baby Gap or Gymboree b/c although they are a bit more expensive than Carter's they fit a little bigger on my guy.

HTH,
Cheryl :)

Melanie
06-05-2003, 05:21 PM
I size up. Ds' baby gap overalls fit really well and he's actually wearing the 'correct' size. I also have a few pairs of Hanna Andersson Wiggles Pants which fit really well.

I have to do a lot of shortening or cuffing of his pants.

Baby girls' always have it easier in the clothing dept. IMO.

sparkeze
06-08-2003, 09:41 PM
I had DS in sweatpants and playsuits all the time...but now that he's slimmed down he can actually wear jeans!

Those shorts playsuits for summer are really cute! If you size up for those you shouldn't have a problem.