PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a cover that works on chubby thighs

liya
06-05-2003, 07:27 PM
Ok so i bought everything acording to Arians measurements and his thighs just seem so get red and like squished even if i take it to the last setting...The Wool Stacinator jsut masacared his thighs but if i get the larger size it just will not fit right at all...My poor darlings thighrs are being mushed by this cover. I have the bummis and it doesnt seem to cause anything and neither do the Darling Diapers AIO's but the stacinator is killing him....Does anyone know a good cover for babys with chubby thighs....Im desperate i already had ordered the ME airflows, i didnt order the RIKI though but oh well things can be exchanged....Any advice will be wonderful.....

Momof3Labs
06-05-2003, 08:27 PM
Linda,

When you put on the diapers/covers, take an extra second to make sure that the diaper/cover is not digging into the middle of his thigh - it should be pushed back to where his leg meets his crotch. If I don't watch this, Colin will get some horrible red marks (and he has super skinny thighs). Try it - you might not need new covers!

liya
06-06-2003, 09:32 AM
nopre tried it....still on the red side the Bumpy one doesnt give him the red thighs....omg and i sooooo liked the stacinator...SUCKS!!!Anymore advice is welcome.....I hope my other covers dont do this to him....

Edited to say the ME Airflow ones...dont fit him right in the thighs either....Im getting sooo sooo frustrated...

Kate888
06-06-2003, 01:12 PM
Don't you just hate those red marks :o You may want to try something with wide fold-over elastics. It's a lot softer and stretchier. An example would be Full Moon Baby Gear http://fmbg2.wahmart.com/store/
You can't see any covers there now, because there is no covers available at this moment. Terri restocks her store very often and you can join her yahoo group to know when the store is stocked. Another choice is wool soakers (pull-up style), like Aristocrat (very bulky, but good for nighttime) or Lana (I've heard good reviews, but never tried it). http://www.diaperworks.com/lana%20covers.html

You mentioned Bumpy never gives Arian red marks. I was wondering if front closure is better for him. Maya has not-so-chunky thighs and I find front closure covers sometimes don't fit snugly around her thighs. Do you have front closure dipes that you can compare?

HTH :)

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

liya
06-06-2003, 03:31 PM
Ok this sucks im getting frustrated again....I put the covers on the last setting of the thighs and on the second setting of the waist and nothing...I raise the leg holes to his hip/thigh area and nothing....Im scared hell get a booboo form the leg cuffs..Im just about to order all bumpy's, one of those Alana Wool covers a bumpy night one and thats it...but they are so expensive is there a cheaper alternative...i havent gotten my pro raps yet are these similar to the bumpy....if this doesnt work and i have to buy a new batch ill have many diapes and covers for sale....:(

Kate888
06-06-2003, 06:57 PM
How about the Bummis Super Whisper (in white and prints)? It's around $10 and very easy to use and durable. Front closure and very trim, too. I have the froggy print and like it a lot. You can see it here (Kelly's Closet has free shipping).
http://www.kellyscloset.com/store.htm

HTH :) Good luck!!

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

liya
06-06-2003, 07:03 PM
I have it, and it had been working for us well but....i want something a little softer...i know i know call me silly they are good but a little softer would be best...

Kate888
06-06-2003, 07:24 PM
Let's see...would you be interested in fleece covers? They're cheaper than wool, easier to take care of and very soft. Fleece is good in summer since it's breathable. But some people like them, some don't.

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

liya
06-06-2003, 09:45 PM
Fleece is to hot for Puerto Rico...way way too hot..lol my husband bought a fleece nighty and he was sweating even with air....its way way too hot for him atleast, hes such a heat prone baby....lol