PDA

View Full Version : Dr Bronner, Burt's Bees, Tea Tree Oil on sale

carolcarpenter
06-05-2003, 10:28 PM
Hi,
I've been doing searches in this forum on making your own wipes solution and since several people mentioned using Dr. Bronner's soap, Burt's Bees apricot oil, and tea tree oil, I thought I'd mention that I got these on sale today at Vitamin Shoppe (it's a chain store--not sure if it's in every state, but they do have a web site). The store I visited had Dr. Bronners 32 oz. bottles of liquid soap in Peppermint, Almond, and Lavender for 30 percent off, so they ended up being about $7.35 each. Other Bronner's bar soaps (I got the Aloe Vera Baby Mild), all Burt's Bees items (including Diaper Creme), and pure Tea Tree Oil were 20% off. And I think their Calendula diaper creams and oils were also 20% off but they seemed so expensive I thought I'd wait to see how DS (due in 2 weeks!) reacts to the cheaper stuff first!
If you really use a lot of Dr. Bronner's, his soaps come in gallon sizes (128 oz) which is the best deal, esp. at 20% off now. If you order them over the Vitamin Shoppe web site you have to pay shipping, so instead you can ask a store to special order it for you.

zen_bliss
06-05-2003, 11:04 PM
excellent! i was skeptical about the burt's bees diaper cream because it is so little and so pricey but oohhh it is such a heavenly smell i want to dab it behind my ears.

burt's bees has a super deal right now, limited quantities -- the TLC Baby Kit a full size dipe cream (retail $7) and full size apricot baby oil (retail $13) with a bunch of samples for ONLY $7 woo hoo! i stocked up!
https://www1.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SecondsProductView?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=11605

Momof3Labs
06-06-2003, 08:28 AM
There's also a Burt's Bees co-op on Yahoo (through Jodi at blessubaby.com) - the prices looked fantastic, but Colin is sensitive to fragrances.

zen_bliss
06-06-2003, 12:55 PM
those went quickly... she just posted the remainders from the coop on diaperpin.com and the prices are indeed yummy, about half of retail.

carolcarpenter
06-06-2003, 01:55 PM
Wow,Zen, thanks for the tip. I just stocked up too (if you buy $45 worth of stuff you get free shipping so I ordered 7 kits)! Great shower gifts even if I don't use them all myself.
It's a good thing you provided the direct link because if you look on the outlet page, they don't list this kit for sale!

parkersmama
06-06-2003, 03:14 PM
I don't know whether to kiss you or curse you! LOL! I'm addicted to their baby products...particularly the apricot baby oil! Yummy. Thanks for the tip. ;-)

bunnisa
06-06-2003, 03:36 PM
Thank you Zen!!! I've been wanting to buy the Apricot Oil and the Diaper Creme forever, but have been waiting for a sale. This is the best deal yet! I also ordered a few other closeout items from the site.

Thanks!

Bethany
edd 6/15/03

:)

zen_bliss
06-09-2003, 05:17 PM
that was FAST, i just ordered friday! it would also make a great gift... it comes in a drawstring vinyl pouch and has 2 each of little sizes that are perfect for the dipe bag: little cans of powder and packets of the buttermilk lotion and oil. very nice! that tip about free shipping was great, wish i'd noticed that!