PDA

View Full Version : Vendor Reviews

Momof3Labs
06-07-2003, 09:19 PM
For FBs, I'd suggest www.blessubaby.com or www.naturalbabies.com (full price, but fixed shipping charge). There were a few other good deals recently - you can search through some of the recent posts to see if you can find them.

There is also a cloth diaper report card at:

http://www.macspeno.com/cdrating/cdrep.cgi

It seems to be more truthful than the reviews at diaperpin.com, IMO.

Most of the cloth diaper sites are run by WAHMs, and my experience with them has been spotty at best. But I've always received my items(eventually) and haven't had quality issues - just response time, shipping time, and communication issues.

liya
06-07-2003, 09:33 PM
jodu has free shipping at bless you baby....and colleen is way way nice....

AugBaby
06-07-2003, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the site. I'm going to go check it out. So far, what you've described is my dissatisfaction - response time, shipping time, communication. I really didn't expect that.

egoldber
06-07-2003, 10:27 PM
I have read a few places that many of the Diaper Pin reviews are "rigged" where WAHMs log on under different user names and give themselves positive reviews. But I find review sites to be very NOT helpful. I think you get a better feel by posting about a particular WAHM and soliciting feedback.

HTH,

liya
06-07-2003, 10:45 PM
Naturalebabies.com- Amanda way nice
Diaperware-Inge is way nice also
Orangestarfish.com- nice prices for some stuff and shes soo sweet and reliable
I just dealt with Kimberly at thediaperunderground.com way cool

when i think of more ill let you know

blnony
06-07-2003, 10:53 PM
I've also found that I rely a little more on the mothering.com diaper board about reviews too. They aren't too afraid to really voice opinions over there.
Kelly's Closet is the best WAHM business thats just a reseller that I've used. SHe has free shipping and her prices are usually a little higher but she has super communication, and I've always received things from her very fast. I've ordered from her about 4 times, and I've always had good service. Even when I email her with a question, she always responds that same day. Its worth it to me to just pay an extra dollar and not worry about the hassle from some other's I've used.
Edited for spelling of course!:)
Edited again to add: I've also had great service from naturalbabies.com and motherease.com. Motherease does take a while longer to get coming from Canada and their shipping is a little high IMO. Also juliesstuff.com is really good but also a little high on shipping.

gravymommy3
06-07-2003, 11:29 PM
I have had good results from Inge at diaperware.com and Colleen at naturalbabies.com Colleen even sent me a cover to try it and then let me pay her after I decided. How cool is that??

egoldber
06-08-2003, 08:43 AM
I have had only VERY positive experiences with Colleen at naturalbabies.com. I have also been very happy with naturalebaby.com and kellyscloset.com.

I have ordered covers from theposiepatch.com and been very pleased with the service. I have also ordered several times from motherease.com. They ship from Canada, so the shipping can take a LONG time depending on customs.

I have had terrible service from zootkitty.com (she is currently closed anyway) but that is really the only terrible experience I have had.

HTH,

Momof3Labs
06-08-2003, 08:47 AM
This doesn't surprise me in the least - how else could every WAHM have five stars??

I forgot to mention one - www.juliesstuff.com. I like Julie a lot, and Colleen at naturalbabies.com too.

Inge at diaperware.com was fast but way overcharged on shipping. I paid $5.50 and it cost her $2.50 to ship my items (for what I paid she could have sent them via Priority but just used first class). Her shipping on one item is pretty reasonable, though.

gravymommy3
06-08-2003, 10:07 AM
Beth,

I hate to ask, but have you heard anything from Zootkitty? I saw someone over at MDC got their order the other day and I was hoping against hope that you had heard something...

egoldber
06-08-2003, 10:11 AM
Not a blessed word. I just saw a message at Mothering that someone else (again, who ordered AFTER I did, sigh) got their diaper and someone else got a refund. People are starting to just go ballistic on her Yahoo Group. I have decided that if I get it great, if not, whatever. But I only bought one diaper. Some people placed LARGE orders and have heard nothing.

laklay
06-09-2003, 10:57 AM
i've had very good service from DiaperWare.com, Kelly's Closet, and Littlesprouts. The latter two have free shipping, so you don't have to feel funny about ordering just one item.

Have fun!

Lauren
mommy to Albert (2/27/03)

gravymommy3
06-09-2003, 12:36 PM
Email her daily asking for a refund... be the squeeky wheel.

KW_102701
06-09-2003, 01:07 PM
I can second the votes for Naturalbabies.com and motherease.com. I've also had a great experience w/Eva at duckybuns.com (response and shipping time was super fast!). She is running a special w/free shipping for FBs. Oh, and mamaessentials.com has been good to me too.

egoldber
06-09-2003, 01:17 PM
I actually read that she's not even reading her e-mail anymore. She's just working on orders when she can and shipping when she can. Maybe by the time I get mine (if and when) Sarah will still be able to wear it!

liya
06-09-2003, 01:18 PM
Second eve and mama essentials(desiree)....both were great....but desiree is closed right now...shes on vacation......

gravymommy3
06-09-2003, 01:39 PM
Maybe I am wrong here, but wouldn;t it be easier for her just to ask who wants a refund and be done with it??? So sorry for this nightmare... I have a used FMBG that I am not wild about - you can have it you want - I bought it used and have used it maybe 3 or 4 times and it just does not float my boat. Let me know and I will pack it up and send it your way. It is purple flowery and I think it is an AIO.

:(

egoldber
06-09-2003, 01:46 PM
That's very sweet, but I truly have enough diapers (I ordered a pocket AIO from her). I just wanted a fun print for summer for Sarah to wear under dresses. I'm just glad I'm not one of the people who ordered HUNDREDS of $$$ worth of stuff from her.

liya
06-09-2003, 01:50 PM
whats that website again.....????? i really wouldnt like to go through this..

edited to say no worries i got it

AugBaby
06-10-2003, 01:13 PM
Thank you all for sharing your suggestions. I ended up ordering from naturalbabies.com and am already SO much happier with her communication and attention. I have a strong feeling that my diapers from Colleen will arrive before the others which I ordered four weeks ago! I also ordered some JBs from Kelleyscloset. I have to say that I agree with those of you who are willing to pay a little more in order to get your order in a timely manner. And Colleen even matched the price I paid with my other order. Can you beat that?

AugBaby
08-25-2003, 11:23 PM
Can you guys point me to a site that will give me an idea of who I should be buying my diapers from? I checked out the reviews at Diaperpin and the reviews there didn't match my experience with two different vendors. I'm hoping there is someplace else I can find recommendations rather than learn by trial and error myself. I'm looking to buy more FBs right now.

Thanks!