PDA

View Full Version : fleece liners--contour vs. straight??? how big??

mommyj
06-12-2003, 12:19 AM
Sorry for all the questions lately. Every time I think I've figured everything out, a new question pops up. So, my question of the day is: for those of you who cut your own fleece liners, how big should I cut each liner? These will be used during the newborn/small phase.
Also, do you prefer rectangular or contoured liners? Or should I cut some of both? I'm not sure if it matters, but I'll be using PFs and Kissaluvs.
I need to figure out how much fleece to buy, so I thought I should figure out shape, size, and how many 1st. Do you recommend 36 liners?

Thanks,
Jami

bubblegum
07-26-2003, 02:56 PM
I'm bumping this up hoping someone will respond! I bought what I *think* is microfleece for $1.00/yard at walmart. I washed it on hot once, then put some water on it and it just sat there, so I'm going to have to wash it a bunch more times. But I was also wondering about the dimensions and shape to cut it, and any more tips anyone can share! Thanks!
Brannon :)

Melaniee
07-26-2003, 06:00 PM
I would cut it to cover the part of the diaper which will touch your baby's skin. So perhaps get out a diaper and trace it? I don't have any which are contour but it seems like a good idea. Mine are for a toddler, but they're about 3" wide and 6" long...or so.

You might want to do a hot wash with vineagr on thos liners.

lizajane
07-26-2003, 07:52 PM
i "traced" the proraps cover on the fleece and cut that way. so most of mine are contour. i like that i can wrap them around his legs.
hth
liza

egoldber
07-26-2003, 10:15 PM
I like mine pretty big. I am also lazy, so I just cut them in rectanges, about 5" wide by 12" long.

And FYI, if I do a "water test" with my fleece liners they "repel", but I have never had a problem with my liners repelling under actual use.

I like to have one liner per diaper. You can get a LOT of liners from one yard of fleece.

HTH,