PDA

View Full Version : Why I Should Get out More

blnony
06-15-2003, 10:41 AM
Okay, this is exactly why my DH should take me out on a Saturday Night!LOL. I just went diaper crazy last night.
I decided to redo my entire diaper stash last night. In the light of day today, I think I may have crossed over the diaper obession line.
I decided to get rid of most of AIO's and some covers that I don't like and go to all fittteds, prefolds (I'm going to give them another try) and covers I do like.
I proceeded to buy a Bizzy B Hive Wool AIO (which is for the cover mostly), prefolds (bleched and unbleached), hemp prefolds both the Hemperoo and a Samuel's Soaker and new doublers and liners from Mom and Me and SMJAE and a Samuel's Fitted diaper. I also bought some Snappis. (I had some pins before the last time I tried prefolds.)
Now that I have lost my mind, does anyone have any feedback on any of the above stuff? Suggestions....help for addition? :)
I know technically it doesn't matter now, but it would put my mind at ease a little. :)

Momof3Labs
06-15-2003, 10:51 AM
Brianna,

I can say that Jen's diapers (Mom & Me Creations) are beautifully made! They are a little thick (probably because I ordered one size up, so it would fit Colin for a while) but absorb and wash beautifully. And her sewing skills are excellent. I love her doublers, too. They are my absolute favorites because they are so trim, yet add so much absorbency, and can be folded over to add even more absorbency - and they dry fast!

No thoughts on prefolds - sometimes I wish that I had gone that route, but then I see DH struggling with something and am glad that I didn't. Fitteds are so much more fun but are so much easier to spend a lot of money on!!

So, whatcha selling?? Will we see your list on the Yahoo group?

blnony
06-15-2003, 11:40 AM
Yes. I'm going to pull them all out when Audrey gets up. I also have a lot of Baby Shoos and Robeez that never fit Audrey and haven't been worn at all. Did we ever decide if we could list stuff like too on the group board? I hate to use Ebay and have to pay to list them.
I've just decided that fitteds and covers and prefolds are so much more reliable for us. I know that a lot of people like AIOs, but they just aren't really working for us.

liya
06-15-2003, 01:06 PM
Yes all baby stuff....that was of no use to you....lol

egoldber
06-15-2003, 02:20 PM
I have to second Lori's endorsement of Mom&Me creations. I have a SS and a Samuels prefold. If anything, her stuff is TOO thick and absorbant! I bought a toddler size SS and that was a mistake! I bought a premium Samuels prefold and it is about right. I only use them for nighttime. They would be too much during the day for us.

Is the Hemparoo a Babykicks prefold? If so, I have one and I do like it, but I find it almost impossible to pin or Snappi. I find the same true of the PolarBabies hemp prefolds. The Mom&Me ones are pretty Snappi friendly since they are hemp terry, not hemp fleece. I hear that the snappi friendly hemp prefolds at Little Lounging Lizards are nice too.

Wow, talk about changing direction overnight!!!! LOL!!! But I agree with you about AIOs. While they were nice initially, I find that prefolds and fitteds are just much more my cup of tea now.

HTH,

liya
06-15-2003, 04:30 PM
how do you like the samuel soakers????are they any good??? i was going to get one of her pf for night time..and a samuel soaker to try but i dont know...

egoldber
06-15-2003, 05:40 PM
The work fabulously. But they are huge. If you don't mind that, you should be very happy.

Just FYI, her stuff is hemp terry cloth, so it will feel like a Motherease diaper, not like a Babykicks prefold.

HTH,

liya
06-15-2003, 05:43 PM
cool...that sounds nicer i like the feel of the ME