PDA

View Full Version : Bumkins Covers, and Bumpy Day Covers

liya
06-15-2003, 04:37 PM
For anyone whose tried these what do all like about them...they look very friendly for the day care ppl...I have a Bumpy night and i like it alot..i use it for the day though..lol I have a Bumkins AIO and i really like how it fits Arian, i just hate it takes so long to dry so off!!! with the AIO's i go....I was thinking of using the Bumkins over my KL and prefolds....hummmmm

parkersmama
06-15-2003, 05:16 PM
The Bumkins covers work well over Kissaluvs and CPFs. They are very thin which translates to very trim which is nice. They also dry very quickly. The downside that I've seen is that the velcro on the front is very stiff and can be scratchy. You have to be sure to get it fastened correctly so that the baby doesn't get scratched.

I really like the Bumpy covers the best though. They are so soft and since they are also thin, they are pretty trim. I also love the extreme flexibility of their fasteners.

Kate888
06-15-2003, 07:20 PM
I find that Bumkins works better with PFs than fitteds. No need to snappi or pin. It's surprisingly trim with a PF. Bumpy works very well with most of my fitteds. Personally I prefer Bumpy because of the fabric outer. It seems to be softer on DD's skin, too.

HTH :)

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

liya
06-15-2003, 10:00 PM
That was the question...trimness for CPF's cause i have the Bummis and the Proraps and while sometimes it gives the CPF a trimmer look i felt like the Bumkins(IMO just by looking at the AIO) would be a little trimmer for fitteds..??? I can be wrong though.. I like the AIO i just dont like how long i have to wait for it to dry *sigh*.....

egoldber
06-15-2003, 10:16 PM
I have never had much luck with Bumkins covers over fitteds. They do give a trim fit with a CPF, but I have found the Bumkins covers to run very small. Sarah wears an extra large Bumkins cover. She fits fine in a large Bumkins AIO.

HTH,

liya
06-15-2003, 10:18 PM
Arian fits fine in a medium Bumkins AIO..So maybe i should get a L one to try out???what do you think

egoldber
06-15-2003, 10:20 PM
If the medium AIO fits, a large cover may fit. But I know that other babies on the smaller side are wearing large covers, so I'm not sure what to tell you. Sorry!

Momof3Labs
06-16-2003, 08:42 AM
Linda, if you want to try a large Bumkins cover, I have a brand new one that I am selling on CD Swap!