PDA

View Full Version : KL terry combo or fleece

liya
06-15-2003, 07:18 PM
Gals im posting this all around i need your honest opinion on them..Which ones better as far as absorbancy etc...I the low rise on Arian call me silly but i think its one of the better ones that fit him..I have no idea why....but i need to know the difference between the quality, absorbancy etc of them both..Just a comparison check..

TIA

westgre
06-15-2003, 07:51 PM
Linda,
I have combo fitteds and fleece contours. The fleece stretches more than the combos, so they will likely fit longer. However, the fleece isn't supposed to be as absorbable. I really like the contours because they have a combo doubler stitched onto the fleece outer, so it has the absorbancy of the combo, but the stretchiness of the fleece. The only advantage of the fitteds to the contours is that the fitteds hold poop better. I've had a couple of poopy leaks from the contours, but my prowraps have prevented any leaks to clothes. Also, the contours only come in two sizes instead of three like the fitteds and are a little cheaper per diaper, so you could save some money.
If you're only interested in the fitteds, the question is do you want the diaper to fit longer or have better absorbancy.
I've thought about it and if I started CD'ing a newborn, I would buy all fleece size 0 fitteds and combo size 2's, with some contours mixed in.

Momof3Labs
06-15-2003, 08:15 PM
I prefer the softness of the all-fleece Kissaluvs. I think that they provide a good fit for some babies because they are so stretchy. Just a suggestion - based on Arian's size, you might want to try one size 2 before placing a big order of size 1's. They are a little bulkier but run small; you might find that you can get away with an order of size 2's and save money in the long run by not having to replace the size 1's in a few months as Arian gets bigger. And if the size 2 is just too big right now, you can save it for when Arian gets a little bigger. Colin was wearing size 2's at about 14-15lbs, I think...

C99
06-15-2003, 08:57 PM
I also like the all-fleece versus the combo. And I would second Lori's suggestions of ordering the 2s. Someone told me that the rise on the 1s was so low that her daughter outgrew them in 2 weeks. Nate has a really low rise, so that likely won't be an issue, but I could see him outgrowing these fairly easily in the next few months!

liya
06-15-2003, 09:58 PM
Oh no im completely ordering the sz 2's i talked to Dianna at KL friday and we got to the conclusion he was a sz 2...Hes already out of the sz 1's hes into the last button...as we speak...hes already almost 16 pds and stepping on the 25 in...

egoldber
06-15-2003, 10:09 PM
I only had all fleece ones, and I just loved how soft they were.

Funny, Sarah could wear BOTH size 1 and size 2 for a long time. She wore the size 1 until she was about 18 months. I sold my 2's awhile ago when I was simplifying my stash, but she was still wearing them on the smallest snap setting at that time.

HTH,

liya
06-15-2003, 10:20 PM
OMG you see its sooo funny how differently sizes run on kids...WOW...honest to God someone told me that when they start moving they trim down..Wouldnt it be funny that i would use my sz 1's when hes like 12 months old....LOL

egoldber
06-15-2003, 10:30 PM
LOL!! I was actually thinking that he might "grow into" size 1! And they DO definitely slim down when they start to crawl and REALLY do when they start walking. Sarah has only gained about 5 pounds since turning one, and she is definitely several inches taller! And even most "big" babies really do start leveling out with their peers by about 9-12 months.

nohomama
06-15-2003, 10:31 PM
Well as others have said, the fleece Kissaluvs have a lot more give and consequently will probably fit for longer. BUT, I think the fleece/terry combos are more absorbent. I generally use a doubler with my fleece Kissaluvs which more than makes up for the difference in absorbancy but also makes them more bulky. I sometimes use a doubler with the combos as well if I know Lola will be in the diaper for more than 1 1/2 or 2 hours. Bottom line, if Arian's a heavy wetter you'll likely need to use a doubler with either one or you'll need to change him on a fairly frequent basis.

MartiesMom2B
06-15-2003, 11:26 PM
I really like the KL terry combo. It's very absorbant. Much more than just the fleece. But the fleece is stretchy. Martie is still in her SZ 0 at almost 13 lbs!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03