PDA

View Full Version : Happy Heiny sizing/best place to buy help

smkinc
06-17-2003, 12:39 PM
Hi,

I posted this on diaperpin, but thought someone here might also have a good feel for this.

My 4 month old son currently weighs 17.5 lbs, and has very chubby thighs. After trying many cloth diaper 'systems'. I'm leaning towards going to Happy heiny's as my main diaper solution because so far they are the only thing that has not left any marks on my son and they are very trim.

In looking at the sizing info. for HH, the mediums go from 14-25 lbs. and the large from 20-35 lbs. I currently have 2 medium HH's and they fit very well.

If I'm going to order more, though I'd like to get a size I'm going to use for more than 2 months.

So, given my situation should I order mediums or larges?

Also what is the best place people have found to buy HH's?

Thanks for your help,

Mary
Mommy to Jeremiah (2/4/03)

liya
06-17-2003, 02:45 PM
My son is in the same boat as yours...The thighs...oh lord that kills me when i buy diapers...I think mediums will do you best in the meanwhile though. Arian weighs about 16 pds and and fits very well with room to grow. He also has 9 inch thighs if this helps...I bought my HH from Jodi at www.blessubaby.com and although she has been given a bad review in this site by a member that was not the case for me...She even found me the HH i wanted(along with 6 more..jeje) and special ordered it and it got here in like 2 days w/ free shipping...Also i had a problem with a HH and she exchanged it with no problems plus she sent me a free JB for the bother of exchanging the diaper and she refunded my fees... So atleast i couldnt have asked for better service and she gives discounts when buying six or more...I just bought a couple more and the stuffins that go with them..Which IMO are way better than the JB's....
There are many other sites that have the HH in packages also like www.mamasessential.com (but she has them more expensive, i bought my first 2 from her...Shes also super nice

Kate888
06-17-2003, 03:45 PM
I would vote for the medium, too :) I got the larges for my 20-21 lbs, 29-30" DD (16 months) and she swam in them. The smallest setting was still too large for her after a few weeks. I ended up selling them, because it would take her months to grow into them. Later I found out HH run large.

I got mine from MamaEssentials.
http://mamaessentials.com/happy_heinys_1.html

Michelle at SMJAE has superb customer service!! I get stuff from her all the time.
http://store.smjae.com/products/index.asp

HTH :)

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

C99
06-17-2003, 06:51 PM
I'd also go w/ the mediums. I hesitated buying mediums b/c I thought they'd swim on Nate. They are on the tightest velcro setting, but it looks like they will fit him for quite some time. I bought mine from Jodi at BlessUBaby, but Susan at DryTushies has them on sale for $12.75 each.

smkinc
06-19-2003, 07:25 PM
Thanks for all of your advice!!

When I get the mediums to what I think is snug enough around his waist, the fleece at the thigh rolls out slightly, it seems like the dipe is too tight in the thigh, but I left him in it that way yesterday and it didn't leave any marks on his thigh and didn't seem to leak. I talked to one of the HH retailers and they said it is okay for the fleece to roll out--it was designed that way to prevent chafing on the thigh (I now know it works!). Since the mediums fit very well except in the thigh and I assume as he starts moving around more his thighs will trim down, I'm going with the medium.

I'm also trying a large with cross-over tabs--just in case!

Mary
Mommy to Jeremiah (2/4/03)