PDA

View Full Version : How to measure ...

mama2be
06-17-2003, 05:58 PM
I've never done this and just went by weight...
Waist is obvious but what is the rise and I think there was something else..where do measure to get those measurements...

Thanks in advance!!!

Calmegja
06-17-2003, 06:02 PM
I had to call my mom about the rise thing when I started, I was clueless! ;-) I was wishing I had paid more attention in home ec......

Rise is basically just under a baby's belly button, to where the diaper would end on his back.

Pretend you're measuring Tristan for a baby g-string, and you'll have the right idea! ;)

Have you thought about what you're going after next, diaperwise?

mama2be
06-17-2003, 06:29 PM
I'm clueless...so do you mean "top of diap in front to top of diap in back"????

I'm eyeing Sam Fitteds...and now of course Fire Flies...champagne taste on a beer budget...after this week it could be on a water budget...

DH is under a huge negotiation at work...and has decided to gamble by leaving one company that has sponsored him on a 3 year contract and who has taken a huge profit from him...and to leave for a company that has agreed to make not a cent on him (paying him the full bill rate) just so they can get their foot in the door at the site...so lawyers have convinced us he can get out of his non compete...but of course we are scared to death and never been more nervous...

So at the end of the week I'll either be getting any diaper I want and staying home full time with the T-meister...or homeless and stuffing him into these Crickets till potty trained...

Prayer...thoughts...or any other method of good vibes desperatly needed our way!!!

Calmegja
06-17-2003, 06:42 PM
Exactly on the measurements, Neve. It's just the between the legs on the diaper that you're looking at so top of the diaper, round to the back is just what you want to do. Now getting him to hold still to let you measure may be a different story...... ;-0

I've heard good things about both dipes....I'll be curious to see what you think...

I'll keep fingers and toes crossed for you about DH's work. We had a non-compete issue with Dh a few years back, and it worked out in our favor, rather easily, so I'll wish the same upon you....it's the stress of waiting, and not being able to do anything to help that makes me feel crazy. I'm a doer, and sometimes, there just isn't anything to do but worry.....

Let us all know as soon as you do..... Hugs.....

C99
06-17-2003, 06:44 PM
You need to measure waist, thigh and rise. You should go around the fattest part of the thigh. For the rise you should measure from the belly button down to and around his bum and back up to his waist in the back -- and you should measure this part OVER a trim-fitting diaper. When I initially measured Nate's rise, I did it diaperless and everything sounded HUGE when I went to buy things.

mama2be
06-17-2003, 06:52 PM
Thank you ladies you're awesome...Caroline glad you said around the diaper...:) Jessica...I'll keep you posted promise...thanks for being so sweet, my gut is it will be in our favor but i just hope the client doesn't think he is getting greedy. They legally had to post (due to one contract ending and another starting) his position and got some 1,000 resumes, yet they claim they adore him but out of 1,000 something resumes and a lot of folks needing jobs I wonder if there is someone else they could easily adore too...YIKES!!! our minds are unsettled right now that is for sure...hence the research into diapers that I should not be researching right now :)...

Thanks again ladies!!!
Hugs!!!

em_jon98
06-17-2003, 08:28 PM
Neve,
I cannot comment on the diapers...I'm too new to this myself. But, I'll keep you guys in my thoughts this week, hoping that things go smoothly with the negotiations.

In the meantime, I would say keep browsing :)! It will keep your mind off of the money things and on your beautiful little boy (like your mind could be anywhere else :)).