PDA

View Full Version : Rethinking WAHM's dipes

natividad
06-18-2003, 10:59 AM
There are so many WAHM dipes out there and I must admit that I have not tried a whole lot, but lately I have been thinking of getting rid of them and just sticking with my Kissaluvs and Motherease. They are not the most absorbent diapers out there, but boy have we been happy with them! They are super reliable and have worked just fine for us.

As far as my WAHM's dipes, I have tried Crickett (don't get me started on those), Darling Diapers and Buckeye Bottoms. The Darling Diapers leave a mark from the snap on the right side of DS's tummy. The only WAHM's diapers that I have been happy with are my Buckeye Bottoms. They are SUPER absorbent, don't leave any marks on DS and are very well made. I would get these again, but am waiting to see what happens (quality wise) with their new ownership.

Soooo, if anyone would like to try a Darling Diaper, please let me know and I would be happy to send it to anyone. As far as the Crickett, I would not send this diaper to anyone (not even for free) because this dipe is just awful...at least the ones with the ruffle/doubler problems.

Edited to add that I fully support WAHM's diapers. It's just that I don't think I will be trying much more and am sticking with what works for us.

Naty

Melanie
06-18-2003, 03:06 PM
=(

I've had a couple poor WAHM experiences, but all in all they have been great.

Sorry you haven't found anything wonderful yet.

heytootsy
06-18-2003, 05:10 PM
Naty,
I have been thinking of trying Darling Diapers, is it just the fit that you do not like?

Christine

MartiesMom2B
06-18-2003, 06:47 PM
Naty:

If you like you can post your diaps for sale at our Yahoo Groups. This is the link for it: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BB-CDswap/

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

liya
06-18-2003, 07:05 PM
I was also rethinking this...I mean unlike you i have found diapes that fit Arian...But the absorbancy factor has yet to be revealed...I dont know why i feel im paying so much for a diaper that does the same thing as my ME's and KL..I know im paying the money for the cute prints but performance wise one has yet to amaze me......I am in search of the great WAHM diape that can hold Arians pee River....lol

Edited to say although none have created a puddle of pee inside his cover i just would like something that doesnt get completely soaked after an hour..

gravymommy3
06-18-2003, 07:08 PM
Naty,

Sorry you have not had a good experience. I have had all good ones (knock on wood.) Almost all of my fitteds are Liz's Cloth (love them), and I have a Sugarpeas that I bought used and have not used yet, but I think I am going to like it. I have Stacinator wool covers (love them), Sugarpeas wool (love), Ivy Rose wool (love) (noticing a trend here? I love wool!) Keep trying. Maybe you can buy a few things used to see if you like them. One thing I have noticed with WAHM is that they generally want to please their customers. Good luck

mommyj
06-18-2003, 07:43 PM
Do you know how long it should take to hear back after joining the group? I joined, but I got an email that needed more info before I could be approved. I sent it but never heard anything after that. I'm just wondering what the deal is.
Thanks!

liya
06-18-2003, 07:52 PM
It takes a while before the monitor can ans..Shes a mom just like us so she monitors and attends her baby..So my advice be patient she will respond...

natividad
06-18-2003, 10:18 PM
Christine,

With Darling Diapers, I mainly do not like the fact that they leave the snap mark on DS's tummy and I am afraid prolong use might create a boo boo similar to Tristan's. I am also not crazy about the soaker - you fold it in thirds sort of. Don't get me wrong, the diapers are very well made, but I just do not prefer them.

Edited to correct spelling

Naty

natividad
06-18-2003, 10:20 PM
Thanks Sonia, I have registered.

Naty

C99
06-19-2003, 12:19 PM
Naty,

I know what you mean. There are so many different WAHMs selling so many different products that it's confusing and overwhelming. There really doesn't seem to be a "standard" across the board -- either in fit, sizing, quality or customer service. And I don't know about you, but I don't like having 1 diaper of this kind and 1 diaper of that, but b/c of the standards issue, I don't want to order more than 1 in case it doesn't work out. To be fair, I've been happy with most of the WAHM dipes I've tried, but the trial & error is sometimes frustrating. Unfortunately, I've learned that you just have to develop your own "system" -- what worked for 1 baby won't necessarily work for another.