PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with My Fluffy Mail

blnony
06-18-2003, 01:04 PM
I hate when this happens. You get so excited to see the packages, then you open them and you wonder "what happened."
Well, I'm pretty disappointed with the cloud 9 softies. They do look big, which isn't that bad, but she described them as hemp fleece, and its no hemp fleece. Its hemp jersey just like a crickets.
One was supposed to have a cute knit outer, but no, nothing, plain old ugly natural looking hemp. :(
I am think about sending them back to her, because they really are not what was described, or for that matter, like I ordered.
Then, my Mom and Me Creations package came, and I am seriously unsure if Audrey is going to fit into any of it. They look really really small. I haven't been using prefolds, but I really doubt if it will fit. Audrey is visiting my Mom until tomorrow, so I can't try it out on her till then. another :(
But the MAMC stuff looks like great quality. I love the fitted diaper. Wow, its soft. Neve, you might really be interested in these, they are front snapping and all the snaps are covered on the back, so no snaps touch the baby.
They look pretty trim, I just hope it isn't too small.
Then, the Babykicks Hemp prefold I ordered also looks really small. Another :(
Did I just figure wrong? I used Audrey's weight as a guide, but did I mess up somewhere? I've never really had this problem before. Maybe I just don't gage prefolds right?

Momof3Labs
06-18-2003, 01:11 PM
Brianna,

Maybe you got the wrong package from Cloud 9??? Sure sounds like it.

What size did you order in the M&MC stuff? I'll have to go back to her website and figure out what size fitted dipe I ordered (I think that it was the 20-35lbs size).

blnony
06-18-2003, 01:14 PM
That may be true with the Cloud 9's except, her website says that her hemp diapers are hemp fleece, these are not hemp fleece, if it is, its the hardest hemp fleece I've ever seen (and I know it isn't hemp fleece :)). Then one of the diapers is correct, it is the other one that isn't. The more I sit here and think about, the madder I get. So, I don't think I'm keeping them. I am going to email her and explain everything.

Momof3Labs
06-18-2003, 01:21 PM
Definitely return them - and get your return shipping back too! Unless she can send you the magic glasses which help you see your cute print on that boring hemp (kidding!).

Edited to say: if you think you got the wrong sizes from M&MC, I'm certain that Jen would exchange them for you. She probably won't pay return shipping, but I bet that she would get you bigger dipes.

blnony
06-18-2003, 01:27 PM
I think its my fault on the Mom and Me stuff. I think I should have ordered a size up, instead of the current size she is in by the chart. I wish I could blame it on someone else :) but I'm afraid I have only myself to blame!! (Darn, I hate it when that happens....)
I think I'll try it on Audrey and see if it works, if not, I'll just sell it off like everything else I'm selling right now. :)
I did email her about the Cloud 9's though. Thats just not acceptable to me. When you have to order online, you really depend on description, and its maddening when you get it, and wonder...what is this???

egoldber
06-18-2003, 01:48 PM
Interesting. I have had the opposite experience with Sarah and the M&M stuff. I have a premium prefold and a toddler Samuel Soaker and both are HUGE on her. The toddler size was my fault, but the premium, yowza... Remember her stuff is really stretchy. I haven't tried a fitted, but I have been thinking about it. What size did you get?

blnony
06-18-2003, 02:06 PM
For the Samuel's soaker and prefold I got the infant size because it said up to 25 lbs. and for the fitted I also got the infant size because of the 25 lbs. thing. They may fit her if they are strechy. I probably should have gotten the premium size though.

Momof3Labs
06-18-2003, 02:15 PM
We have a medium size Samuel's fitted (20-35lbs, I double-checked), and while it is a little big on Colin (appx 17-18lbs and 29-30" tall), it still fits and he can wear it. The problem really is trying to fit clothes over it because it is still bulky on him, but the legs and waist fit just fine.

I would think that this size would be fine for both Sarah and Audrey (and Tristan, too).

egoldber
06-18-2003, 02:39 PM
According to her site, the infant is 14x17 and the premium is 16x19. Seriously, I have thought about ordering an infant size to try with Sarah. You may want to e-mail Jen and see what she recommends.

And Lori, now you have me thinking about the medium fitted! I impulse bought a Darling Diaper the other day, so I should probably wait until that one comes, LOL!!! :)

HTH,

blnony
06-18-2003, 02:51 PM
Beth-
I was really happy with the fitted from mom and me. The quality looks excellent. It just looks a little small, but we'll see. It is front snapping and the legs look great too.
I have one darling diaper and I like it a lot. Its a hemp fleece/velour and its buttery soft all over. It is one of my favorites.

Melanie
06-18-2003, 03:05 PM
If you didn't get what you ordered, I'd return it.

One thing of note, though, some WAHMs turn the hemp fleece with the fleecey side in, so then it looks like jersey (to me anyway). I have some SMJAE doublers which are hemp fleece and I thought the same thing, but it turned out she just sews the fleecey-side in.

blnony
06-18-2003, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I emailed her, and thats what she said she did.
I think I'm just going to sell them. She won't take them back. She offerred to make me a new one with the print I wanted for free and just to keep these two I have. Which was really really nice of her. They are fine quality wise, they just don't look like what I want, so I think I'm going to sell them, brand new .. never used.

liya
06-18-2003, 03:39 PM
whats your opinion on the Samuel Fitteds(really though) do they look very bulky....I just tried on the CB after the second wash and they are really starting to gow on me since the fit on Arian is great.....Well the bikini is i dont know about the reg but i need good absorbancy

blnony
06-18-2003, 03:45 PM
I haven't used the SF yet, but just looking at it, I really like it a lot. I think its fairly trim, compared to some of my others. I'll have a much better review once we try it out.

blnony
06-20-2003, 11:11 AM
Well, I think I've solved my dilemma.
I am selling the two cloud 9 softies since they weren't what I ordered, she is sending me the printed one I did want.
Most of my MAMC stuff was too small, but I decided to keep it, because I don't have anything that small for the next baby, so I will have something to start with at that time. I did order the same things, just in the size up for Audrey. So, all in all, I guess it worked out. But I love those fitteds, they are so soft, I want to sleep in them! :7

egoldber
06-20-2003, 01:19 PM
So are you using a medium or a large for Audrey? I got confused! :)

blnony
06-20-2003, 03:09 PM
Well, I'm pretty confused too! :)
The first order was infant size - went up to 25 lbs. but I think that would be really pushing it.
So I ordered the premium size this time. That should work. The other was just too small. I loved the quality of her stuff, I was impressed by that, but I just should have ordered a diff. size.
I ordered a Samuel's Soaker, Prefold and Samuel's fitted. Those fitted diapers really impressed me. It fit Audrey well, but in two weeks she'll have grown out of it. The SS and PF were just too small to even get on her.

egoldber
06-20-2003, 08:20 PM
So you got a medium fitted?

blnony
06-20-2003, 08:32 PM
Okay...Okay....maybe I can answer the question this time!! :D

Yes, I got the med. in the fitted......I'm sorry that I seem to have forgotten how to read or write..... :)