PDA

View Full Version : Doublers question..............

muskiesusan
06-19-2003, 01:18 PM
Nick is a heavy wetter, but hates the bulkiness that comes with using most doublers. I need one that is about half the size of a normal doubler. Has anyone seen anything like this? I would just put it up front where all the pee is and that should give him more room in the rest of the diaper. It seems like only the top third of his diaper gets any use anyway. I have used some of the Babykicks Hemperoo Wipes for this, but they just aren't thick enough to make much of a difference.

Thanks for your ideas!

Susan
WAHM to Nicholas 10/01/01

Momof3Labs
06-19-2003, 01:57 PM
Susan, I use the 4x12 doublers from www.mom-and-me-creations.com, folded in half and tucked up front. They are three layers, so thinner than a JB, but made of hemp so very absorbent.

Another option are the Crickett's doublers, but they are too thick to fold. But they are shorter than most doublers (maybe 8-9" long) so they don't wrap all the way around back. I don't use these often, though.

I understand your feeling about only a third of the diaper getting used (unless there is a poop) - why doesn't someone design some nice boy diapers that put the bulk where it is needed??

blnony
06-19-2003, 04:31 PM
Try looking at www.smjae.com
She has some great doublers and liners. I just got my first order from her, and her stuff is great. Her customer service is also really good.

smkinc
06-20-2003, 12:36 AM
I use the mom-and-me 4x12 also for this purpose and it works very well.

Mary
Mommy to Jeremiah 2/4/03