PDA

View Full Version : several questions--bear with me--I'm new! :)

Daisy918
06-19-2003, 09:20 PM
I got a bunch of fluffy mail yesterday and I'm eager to try it out. I have so many questions! I'm so grateful for everyone on this board!

1. Is there anywhere to get FB or JB in real life?
2. I have 3 ME liners--are these the same as the JB doublers? if not, what is the difference?
3. How many diapers, covers, doublers or liners do I need? I would like to have enough for 3 days.
4. I like the looks of the Kissaluv a lot. What is the Kissaluv contour like? Should I try that?

I think that's it for now..... :)

Momof3Labs
06-19-2003, 10:12 PM
1. www.fuzzibunz.com has a list of retailers, maybe there is something near you. Or tell us where you live - if you live near me, you are more than welcome to come check out my FBs and JBs (but you can't have them - we love them).

2. JB doublers are much, much more absorbent than the ME liners. JB doublers are made of hemp, which drinks up pee (ewwww) like... well.... you pick an analogy.

3. We go through 8-10 fitted dipes a day plus 2, maybe 3 covers. And maybe 2-4 liners, depending on which dipes we use. If you want to do laundry every 3 days, then buy enough for four days' worth so you have a days' worth of stuff to work with while the rest is drying (unless you have a really good dryer, which we don't).

4. What is a FB contour? Can you post a link to one?

Daisy918
06-19-2003, 11:01 PM
Oops--I meant Kissaluvs contours. Sorry--I'll edit it to fix it!

liya
06-20-2003, 01:48 AM
as far as ive seen opinion wise ppl seam to like em...they dont hold in poop that well, it would be just like a prefold, but easier, so you would need a prorap type cover for them...but otherwise ive told they can absorb a great deal...i hope i get mine soon...

egoldber
06-20-2003, 08:09 AM
To wash every third day, I would have about 30 diapers. But to be honest, I get much better results washing eveyr other day. I have a pretty large capacity washer and I found that if I went more than 2 days that the diapers didn't get as clean. They need a lot of room to agitate.

As Lori indicated, the JBs are much more absorbant than the ME liners. But I find that the ME liners generally do OK for daytime, just not at night.

HTH,

parkersmama
06-20-2003, 04:04 PM
You've gotten good answers for most of your questions but I wanted to chime in on question #4...kissaluv contours. I have two and I really like them a lot. Someone said recently that they are a lazy person's prefold and I agree that's a good description! They are pretty absorbant (about like a Kissaluvs fitted) and very easy to use. They work about like a prefold with poop so you need a good, tight fitting cover. I sometimes use mine with a snappi and sometimes just lay them in the cover before closing it up. I think they work better when snappi'd or pinned. My favorite thing about them is the cute colors! ;-)