PDA

View Full Version : Huggies Lil Swimmers question

Daisy918
06-20-2003, 10:36 AM
DD is going to start w/some swim lessons next month and we have to use these at the pool.

I was wondering how absorbent they are. We are 20 min. from the pool. Can I put her in it at home and let her possibly pee in it, or should I put it on her right when we get there?

Momof3Labs
06-20-2003, 12:10 PM
Swim diapers don't hold *any* pee, so wait until you are at the pool to put one on.

You might want to search this thread - there has been a lot of discussion about swim diapers and how they work in recent months.

JustMare
06-20-2003, 12:45 PM
I did a search and can't find anything regarding swimsuits while wearing swim diapers.

I'm just curious, do you put a swim suit on the baby over the swim diaper or just let them run around in the swim diaper?

momtoemma
06-20-2003, 01:13 PM
I think it's just up to you whether you put a swimsuit on over the diaper. I am taking my daughter to a mommy and me swim class, and I put a Lil Swimmer on her then put her bathing suit on over that. There are also some moms in my class that let their little boys just swim in the diaper. I think it's just a matter of personal preference. Happy swimming!

What I wonder about is why oh why don't swimsuits come with snaps at the crotch like every other article of baby clothing? I don't really want to put my baby in a bikini, but I can see the convenience it would provide if you need to change a diaper.

Stephanie

egoldber
06-20-2003, 01:13 PM
For "show" I put on a bathing suit. When we go to the beach and are in the pool/ocean all day, I just have her in a swim diaper and a T-shirt.

HTH,

blnony
06-20-2003, 03:16 PM
I wonder this too!!! What were those baby bathing suit designers thinking????!!!
Its such a pain in the a$$ to pull that thing on and off. :)

parkersmama
06-20-2003, 03:49 PM
I agree with everyone else...if you put her in it before you leave home she may be sitting in a carseat of pee when you get there! Ugh.

About the swimsuit snaps...I'm just now seeing that this is a problem! With my boys, I always had them wear swim trunks over the little swimmers and getting the trunks off really isn't a problem. Now that I have a girl, I'm seeing that getting off a wet swimsuit is a real pain! I vote for snaps, too!

And for anyone new to the swim diapers...don't bother pulling them off. Just tear the sides apart to take them off like a regular diaper..they rip easily down the sides.

egoldber
06-20-2003, 04:49 PM
FYI, I got Sarah a suit at BRU last year that DID have snaps at the crotch. but they only go up to size 24 months. :(

celfsh
06-20-2003, 04:51 PM
I also found a cute one w/crotch snaps at Children's Place, but it was too small for DD :(.

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02