PDA

View Full Version : Diapering a baby boy...

sophiesmom
06-20-2003, 09:58 PM
I posted a while ago when my newborn son was peeing out of his diapers and I needed some advice... Now that he is almost 6 weeks, I just wanted to share that Pampers swaddlers (size 1, he's almost 12 lbs) have worked GREAT for us, plus pointing the 'little guy' down each time too! I was using them for a while after using the Pampers umiblical care (which he did pee out of), and then tried Huggies size 1,( I had gotten TONS of sample ones from a friend) and the Huggies were terrible. One day I had to change his clothes literally 5 times. I called DH and told him to pick up the swaddlers on his way home (giving an expectant friend the Huggies, maybe if she has a girl they'll be better!) and only once in a blue moon does the pee escape...

Just wanted to share for anyone having the same problem! :-)

Stephanie
Sophia 8/4/01
Anthony 5/11/03 (mother's day baby!)

Melanie
06-21-2003, 02:58 AM
Isn't that funny? Dh actually told me not to point him down, at first, b/c it can be uncomfortable. LOL! The things a woman doesn't know! Anyway, after many changes of clothes and two Boppy-washings, we figured it out, too. And THEN I read that somewhere.