PDA

View Full Version : do CDs give rashes?

Daisy918
06-21-2003, 09:24 AM
I was thinking--b/c DD now stays wetter than she did in her sposies--does that encourage a rash? It seems to me it would.

She has had a yeast rash for a week and a half--at least I think that's what it is--and it seemed to get worse yesterday after being in CDs. But maybe it's just getting worse b/c of something else.

C99
06-21-2003, 10:52 AM
A yeast rash will get worse no matter what you use -- cloth, disposables, etc. You need to treat the yeast w/ lotrimin cream.

Daisy918
06-21-2003, 11:26 AM
I have been treating it for over a week. :( Thanks for the info!

Momof3Labs
06-21-2003, 11:57 AM
We haven't had a yeast diaper rash, but I thought that if you cloth diapered and your baby had a yeast rash, you have to do something (???) to the diaper to make sure that she doesn't get reinfected.

Oh, someone help me out here...

egoldber
06-21-2003, 12:47 PM
I have read this, but I don't know if it is true. :)

When I first switched DD to cloth at 14 months, she did have a bit more rashes initially. I had to start using fleece liners and to train myself to change her more frequently.

HTH,

gravymommy3
06-22-2003, 10:41 AM
I have been battling a rash on Hayden for about 2 weeks now. I have tried the lotrimin route (nothing happened), triple paste (nope), cortisone (nope) and finally ordered some "Rash Be Gone" from a site called Mamafavorites.com (I think I got that right.) It is a mushy paste that is cd friendly and it really helps. But as soon as I stop using it, the rash flares up again. It helps to know that Hayden has a whopping case of eczema and is generally sensitive and as soon as I remove her diaper, she starts clawing at the area, which does not help. Sometimes, she will even reach into her diaper to scratch, so that helps keep it inflammed. The cream might be worth a try. Oh, on the off chance it is yeast, I still apply the lotrimin 2xdaily and using Grapefruit seed extract in the wash to kill anything lurking in her diapers. Also, switching to sposies for a couple of days (to use a cream that in the past has cleared up everything and is not cd friendly) did nothing to resolve the rash.

Good luck to you!

liya
06-22-2003, 01:09 PM
ITA with Amy i wash my CD's with grapeseed extract and also with some Tea Tree extract to keep em nice and free of yucky candida...i have not once yet seen a rash on Arian so i wouldnt know how to treat it...But i did using sposies...it was horrible as soon as i put a CD on him the rash was gone..quicknote i do line it with some Microfleece to keep him dry....and Arian has also been diagnosed with eczema....
Also what detergent did you use...It couldve also been something in the detergent that makes it look like more rash but can be really a reaction to the detergent??Just a thought

mommyj
06-22-2003, 01:14 PM
I have read this too. I'm pretty sure you could find info on this on the mothering.com diaper message boards. Just do a search on "yeast infections" and read through the posts. I seem to remember coming across several threads about that in the past.