PDA

View Full Version : I got a firefly today!

Melanie
06-22-2003, 02:43 AM
I can't wait to try it on Ds...I hope they work as great for us as some have said...on the other hand I don't b/c they're a bit much $$.

Mommy to Jonah

liya
06-22-2003, 01:11 PM
omg omg omg omg i cant wait to hear the results....

nohomama
06-22-2003, 01:37 PM
Did you get a Quick Dry, a Sleep Tight, or a Quick Dry Color??? If you got a color, what color did you get??? Inquiring minds want to know.

Melanie
06-22-2003, 07:57 PM
hemp/cotton quick dry...if we like it, then on to the colors!!

egoldber
06-23-2003, 02:44 PM
Do the Firefly folks take VISA or only PayPal?

(Someone's thinking about buying a diaper... :) )

liya
06-23-2003, 02:51 PM
giving in to the temptation arent we Beth :) ....

Melanie
06-23-2003, 02:56 PM
I got it from someone else, but if you have a credit card, you can start a paypal account and pay with it (to most retailers). It's private party sales that usually don't want credit card-funded paypal.

So the verdict is I love it! So, he's only worn it once, but it was SO trim and fit him very well...I'll post a photo later to the yahoo album...

I'm waiting for an email back from Lori on what colors they have in stock right now. She told me a couple of weeks ago that they were getting more in 'a couple of weeks.' They had lots of feminine colors, then, though. And lots in the straight cotton diapers. I want a hemp-blend though.

I'm trying to decide if the nighttime one would be worth it or not. I mean, is it REALLY that absorbant I could use it alone at night?

egoldber
06-23-2003, 03:09 PM
Thanks, I have a PayPal account, but I would prefer not to use it. It uses DH's e-mail address and it freaks him out to get random e-mails from diaper folks that he is not expecting! I would REALY like to open my own PayPal account, but since our bank account and credit cards are all shared, I CAN'T! PayPal won't let me. How dumb is that?

And Linda, I only have two more fitteds that I am intrigued by, Firefly and Samuels Fitteds. I am hoping my itch will be scratched at that point!

liya
06-23-2003, 03:17 PM
We have the same ITCH!!!!!!! isnt it a bad one!!!!!!!!! Im trying to resist on the samuel fitted, actually waiting for Neve to post her opinion on it...Candy sent me a firefly so i could check it out and im waiting (impatiently i might add.....:) ) for it.......I couldnt take the itch of the Snapdragon fitted though ..and she was sooo cool she made it out of hemp fleece for me, im getting that later this week...Shoot i feel like the Hyenas down at mothering.com buying selling buying selling.....lol

Melanie
06-23-2003, 03:29 PM
I totally understand, we had the same problem! In the end we have a separate yahoo account for stuff like that (when we expect spam, too) and we only check it when necessary.

Anyway, according to the fuzbaby site (same company) it looks like they'll take straight credit cards.

http://www.fuzbaby.com/contact.htm

candybomiller
06-23-2003, 05:20 PM
Yes, unfortunatley, Lori (the owner) takes credit cards. Almost the whole balance on my mastercard is thanks to firefly diapers. It was soooo worth it though! :)

Candy
Mommy to Matt
5/22/02

nohomama
06-23-2003, 06:57 PM
Melanie,

What are Jonah's measurements? I'm trying to figure out if the L is going to be too small on Lola. I'm pretty certain the XL is too big, at least in the leg. Lola is roughly (she was squirming to whole time I was measuring)

25+ lbs.
20" waist (at the fullest part of her buddah belly)
17-18" rise (w/disposable)
12" leg

I'll talk to Lori, of course, but I'm wondering if you can give me any input?

Melanie
06-23-2003, 07:55 PM
I sure will, but I'll have to wait until my sewing stuff is unburied...it's in a mound in the garage b/c Dh is "organizing" it right now. =)

egoldber
06-23-2003, 07:57 PM
Sarah, Candy was kind enough to send me a Firefly to try for size also. The Large was perfect on (my) Sarah. Not too large but with room to grow if necessary. Sarah and Lola were pretty similar in size, as I recall, and if anything, Sarah has a bigger Buddha belly. :)

mama2be
06-23-2003, 09:36 PM
Thanks for this review...I saw the lovely picture thanks fo sharing it :)...they look so comfy...is the snap configuration away from Jonah's skin??? Can you describe that for me. Also I pulled up the web site but it does not describe the differnt dipes you all are talking about...where are you all getting your info on the differnt dipes they sell (where can I find it). I should be getting my Sam's this week. And then depending on the snaps will get a fire fly and then choose which one I like best (OH and will probaly get a Liz too)...

Any insight..I'll describe my Sams fitted the second we wash and wear :)

Melanie
06-23-2003, 09:39 PM
http://www.fireflydiapers.com/quickdry/

I read your other post on diapers with snaps that are hidden...do you just not want the 'raw' side of the snaps to touch, or is the smooth side a no-no, as well?

Firefly is currently buried in the pail...I'll check when it gets washed.

Mommy to Jonah

Melanie
06-24-2003, 12:18 AM
slightly < 25 lbs.
21" waist
~17" rise in bizzy b aio
~13" leg over wiggle pants

nohomama
06-24-2003, 07:54 AM
Thanks so much. Sounds like a large will be fine. Now I just need to sell some of my Kissaluv fitteds and (possibly) my Sugar Peas to fund a Fire Fly aquisition.

mama2be
06-24-2003, 08:42 AM
I think I am convinced that Tristan's scar is from the smooth side of a snap on his Cricketts...however I also think it could have gone hand in hand with a "bunching" of the fabric there in that same place. So I am trying to avoid that scenerio. These look similiar to the Crickett but sound so lovely. I don't mind dishing out the mula for a complete stash of diapers if they are the perfect diaper for me. something tells me I should order one to try. I will go back to the web site I thought she only had one kind of diaper but I have noticed that you all mentioning several...

Thank you!!!!

egoldber
06-24-2003, 08:50 AM
What size is your Sugar Peas??? If size 2, I would be interested.

egoldber
06-24-2003, 08:51 AM
Neve, there are 3 main types. QuickDry in natural, QuickDry colors and Sleep Tights.

HTH,

Momof3Labs
06-24-2003, 09:30 AM
And if it is a size 1, I'm interested! LOL!

Momof3Labs
06-24-2003, 09:31 AM
Neve, make sure that you look at the measurements - I didn't order one because they sounded too big in the thighs for Colin, and sure enough, I've read that others have had problems with babies with skinny thighs. I don't know if Tristan's thighs are skinny, but just wanted to point that out!

mama2be
06-24-2003, 09:57 AM
I noticed that tended to be the largest complaint (and only complaint about them)...YIKES $25 for a "night time one" they must be awesome!!!!! I wash his diaps every 48 hours or so so thought if they fit maybe buying 2 night time ones...

Melanie
06-24-2003, 11:16 AM
...and then all cotton or hemp/cotton. I'm not sure what the all cotton advantage is, but the blend should be more absorbant.

Mommy to Jonah

nohomama
06-24-2003, 11:38 AM
Beth,

They're size 2 (sorry Lori). I'm not sure if I'm selling them and if I am, whether I'm selling one or both. I'll send you an email in the next day or so to let you know what's up.

Melanie
06-24-2003, 11:43 AM
hhhmmm...well the smooth side could touch him...but you could always try one and resell if it doesn't work.

I can't think of any front-snapping diapers which would not have even the smooth side touching him.

Momof3Labs
06-24-2003, 11:56 AM
Samuel's Fitteds are the only front-snapping ones that we've found, I think! Jen puts her snaps on before she sews in the fleece liner, so the snaps do not touch baby.