PDA

View Full Version : SO much information!

Kimberly H
06-22-2003, 06:33 AM
I spent several hours last night reading most of the posts here in the Baby Butts forum -- all 18 pages worth!

We're in the process of adopting a baby girl from China but since we don't know when we'll be making the trip or how old/big she'll be, I can't start buying diapers, which is probably a good thing.

I tried using a diaper service when my second son was about 6 weeks old as 2 children in disposables was EXPENSIVE but it didn't work for us and I went back to sposies. At the time, I was using NIKKY wool covers and standard diaper-service-issue PFs.

Now, thanks to ya'll, I have 8 diaper sites bookmarked and DH is giving me "that look" -- you know the one. This will be his first baby and he's a little overwhelmed at all of the STUFF I say we need, or at least would be a good idea.

The 14-year old is distressed at the thought of cloth diapers ("you mean I have to TOUCH IT?!?!!") and DH, who's never even CHANGED a diaper, is a little wary but willing to give it a try as long as no pins are involved (he has vision problems). I think the AIOs or a pre-stuffed pocket like the Fuzzi Bunz would make him happier.

Since the baby will be in daycare, I'm not sure if they'll be CD-friendly but we'll see.

Thanks for all of the great information and I'll keep reading!

liya
06-22-2003, 01:13 PM
My daycare ppl agreed to use CD's and they just loved the Happy Heinys...since i just prestuff them and they just put it on...its that easy...lol try talking them into it, they were also willing to use my KL when all else was dirty, which is a plus..

KathyO
06-23-2003, 03:44 PM
My DH is majorly squeamish (doesn't deal well with the sight of blood, either), so we made a deal - poopy diapers would be set aside for me to "deal with" when I had a minute later. But now that DD is eating solids, the poop is solid and just falls out of the diaper into the toilet (I use paper liners), so no touching required. DH can handle that kind fine, and I imagine both your CDing skeptics will too, ultimately.

KathyO

parkersmama
06-24-2003, 10:45 PM
My dh does really well with Kissaluvs and a velcro/aplix cover. He can also do the Sandy's but sometimes gets confused because Kissaluvs are front snapping and Sandy's are side snapping! LOL! We've had a few inside-out accidents! For whatever reason (maybe the fit is more adjustable), it seems like a fitted diaper with a cover holds things in better and fits better than the AIOs that I have. They are fairly simple and there's only one extra step over using a sposie (putting the cover on) and velcro covers (such as Proraps or Bumpys) are very easy to use. Good luck! And I can't wait to hear that your adoption has gone through and Mia is on her way!