PDA

View Full Version : Potty Training here too!

TLC1994
06-23-2003, 02:35 PM
I've decided that now's the time to begin the potty training process. My 23-month old daughter is definitely showing signs of readiness, so we're going to give it a shot.

To get started, I went out and bought a package of the Gerber "stage B" training pants (they're the ones that are cloth inside and plastic outside). She wore them for the first time this morning and boy-oh-boy do they leak! YUCK! They seemed a little big around the leg openings, but they actually leaked up the back (at least it wasn't a messy diaper!) That's no fun!

So, before I try to find something else, I'd like everyone's suggestions. I definitely want cloth for the training process although she'll wear Pull-ups (or equivalent) at night.

Anyways, here are my questions:

1. Besides Gerber, are there any other store-bought brands of training pants that are little better in the leak department?

2. What about buying the Gerber "stage C" training pants which are cloth and then putting plastic covers over those? Are they any tighter around the leg?

3. What about ordering through a catalog? What brands are tried and true? They are generally more expensive, so I'd like a great recommendation before ordering.

4. Are the "kids" flushable wipes really any different than adult version flushable wipes, other than the fact that they have Sesame Street characters or what not on the container?

Thanks so much for your help! I always get such great advice here! :-)

TLC1994
06-23-2003, 02:35 PM
I've decided that now's the time to begin the potty training process. My 23-month old daughter is definitely showing signs of readiness, so we're going to give it a shot.

To get started, I went out and bought a package of the Gerber "stage B" training pants (they're the ones that are cloth inside and plastic outside). She wore them for the first time this morning and boy-oh-boy do they leak! YUCK! They seemed a little big around the leg openings, but they actually leaked up the back (at least it wasn't a messy diaper!) That's no fun!

So, before I try to find something else, I'd like everyone's suggestions. I definitely want cloth for the training process although she'll wear Pull-ups (or equivalent) at night.

Anyways, here are my questions:

1. Besides Gerber, are there any other store-bought brands of training pants that are little better in the leak department?

2. What about buying the Gerber "stage C" training pants which are cloth and then putting plastic covers over those? Are they any tighter around the leg?

3. What about ordering through a catalog? What brands are tried and true? They are generally more expensive, so I'd like a great recommendation before ordering.

4. Are the "kids" flushable wipes really any different than adult version flushable wipes, other than the fact that they have Sesame Street characters or what not on the container?

Thanks so much for your help! I always get such great advice here! :-)

liya
06-23-2003, 02:54 PM
Actually not there yet..lol not for a while but there are cloth night time diapers for heavy wetters and many ppl swear by the Mother Ease trainers.....

liya
06-23-2003, 02:54 PM
Actually not there yet..lol not for a while but there are cloth night time diapers for heavy wetters and many ppl swear by the Mother Ease trainers.....

sugarsnappea
06-24-2003, 12:37 PM
Sorry, I can't help with most of your questions. However, I have heard great things about Kooshies ultimate training pants. They are all cotton and have 5 layers in the middle. You can use them alone (YIKES!) or with a diaper wrap. Kooshies makes a diaper wrap to go along with these, but you don't have to use that particular wrap.

I just ordered a set online. I will post my experience.

Good Luck! :)