PDA

View Full Version : confused about washing dipes

Daisy918
06-23-2003, 07:58 PM
I am stressing out about the detergent I should use. I bought Tide Free and I just read on a WAHM webpage that Tide is too harsh for everyday use. AAAAGH! Tell me Tide is okay! :)

blnony
06-23-2003, 08:01 PM
I use it; and I've never had a single problem. Every one out there will tell you something is wrong with every kind of detergent. Every person has his/her own opinions; but i think if something works for you, go for it. On the mothering.com diaper boards, no one can agree on a detergent. I think its a little out of control that you have to be so freaked out about these things. :)

Edited to add: I know that everyone has some reason or another about this, but just as long as you don't use too much detergent, or one with bleach, there shouldn't be a problem. If your baby has a problem from it, now thats different. :) But so far we've been pretty lucky about that. You might want to do one extra rinse just to be sure.

egoldber
06-23-2003, 08:08 PM
All I use is Tide. I have used Tide Free, Tide Deep Clean and Tide HE with good success.

HTH,

Daisy918
06-23-2003, 08:54 PM
Okay--I know it's crazy to be freaked out about detergent, but DH isn't on the CD bandwagon yet--he thinks I'm spending a lot of $$.nd I don't want to ruin them and not have them last a long time.

Thanks for the comments that Tide Free is fine! :)