PDA

View Full Version : Interesting about SOS diapers...

mamahill
06-25-2003, 06:04 PM
I have a friend who bought 8 SOS diapers before she even had her son, so I got to see them up close and personal. She loved them for a while. Then she discovered Little Lambs, and has since sold all of her SOS diapers (a couple for $30 - she said, "I emailed the bidders saying - you know these are used, right?!") and is buying almost all Little Lambs. Anyway, just thought I'd report that in case there are others out there who are trying to get an SOS but haven't actually used them. I did see one of the Little Lambs and it is really great quality. Methinks Ainsleigh needs a couple cute diapers to wear with t-shirts for the summer...

Momof3Labs
06-25-2003, 08:16 PM
Another Little Lambs fan here, too! They are SOOOO cute and so affordable - $10 for an AIO?? Can't beat that! We bought 5 or 6 for Colin to wear with a t-shirt this summer - that will keep him so much cooler than adding an extra layer. Can't wait to show off his John Deere drawers!

And Jennifer's return policy is amazing - she'll even take back gently used diapers that didn't work for you and send you a bigger size. Most WAHMs won't even take back washed but unused dipes (understandable, but that's why Jennifer is amazing).

Kate888
06-25-2003, 08:23 PM
Lori, did you order the Quick-Dry or regular AIO? How is the sizing? I've heard that they run small. Do you have any problem with wicking? The fabric selection at LL is amazing and the dipes are so cute!! I'm very intrigued!!

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

Momof3Labs
06-25-2003, 08:48 PM
We have the quick dry AIOs. I won't do regular AIOs any more - the QDs are nice because I can line dry the outsides and machine dry the insides. They do run a little small, I think. Colin is in a size large (he's still well within the weight range) and has a snap to go in the waist and two snaps to go in the legs. The elastic is nice and snug but doesn't leave any red marks. The only problem we've had with wicking was when DH forgot to pull out the leg ruffle when he put the dipe on Colin. I do put my new PUL covers in the dryer once or twice to seal the holes from the thread stitching - maybe that's why we haven't had wicking.

The soaker is fleece lined, and reasonably absorbent, so we don't add anything except a disposable poop liner.

Really - they are worth a try for the price!

Edited to add: I just read today that Jodi is now offering hemp fleece soakers but I think you have to ask for them because they aren't on her site yet.

mommyj
06-25-2003, 09:03 PM
I bought a Little Lambs AIO when they were on sale for $6, and it's totally adorable! It's turquoise with a Hawaiin print. I can't until next month when my baby is born & I can see him/her in it.
I need to stop reading all these threads, because they make me want to buy more diapers. I promised myself I had to try the one Little Lambs I bought before buying any more, but this makes me want to see what new fabrics she has. I'm also trying to resist buying Sugarpeas to try out. I might have to put myself on restriction from the computer soon. There are simply too many temptations for a CD addict!

Kimberly H
06-25-2003, 09:18 PM
Where would I find the amazing Jennifer of Little Lambs? I think I need to start purchasing some of these...

Momof3Labs
06-25-2003, 09:23 PM
Whoops - a link would help!

www.cutest-cloth-diapers.com

em_jon98
06-25-2003, 09:58 PM
Lori,

How much does Colin weigh? I want to get a few of these for Lindsey, but she is also in the large weight range at just about 20 lbs. Would you order up a size?

liya
06-25-2003, 09:59 PM
you know i just didnt like them i mean i dont think they fit Arian right they do run small and he was already a large and it made him look all puffy...I dont know it was cute but i just didnt like the fit..maybe i will when hes older but for right now i dont like it..

Momof3Labs
06-25-2003, 10:07 PM
Emily,

Colin is about 17 pounds or so right now (hasn't been weighed for 2 months) but very tall, so his weight is deceiving. His waist is 18" and his thigh is 9" - how do her measurements compare to that?

Momof3Labs
06-25-2003, 10:09 PM
And that's one of the good things about Jennifer - if the fit doesn't work for you, she'll take the diaper back without hesitation. You can trade up for a bigger size or get your money back.

Another thing that she will do, I heard, is put extra snaps on the diaper, so you can size up but still have a small enough snap setting for your baby.

But there is a big difference between the larges and the XLs - the large seems small on Colin, but it does fit him with room to grow. It is fairly trim on him, too - not like a disposable, but better than other dipes we have.

em_jon98
06-25-2003, 10:31 PM
WOW--almost exactly the same :)! Lindsey's waist is 18" and thigh is 10".

According to the sizing chart, a large fits waist 13-20" and thigh 10-15", and an extra-large waist 18-25" and thigh 11-18". So, she could probably wear the extra large, but I'm not sure. Lindsey is very petite. She dropped from 75th % to 25th % in weight at her six month, and just dropped from 95th % to 75th % for height at her twelve month. She is not pudgy anywhere. In fact, I'm thinking about ordering some size one KL's because the size two's seem just a little big on her.

Do you feel like Colin is going to outgrow the large quickly? It seems like he and Lindsey are pretty similar in size.

Kimberly H
06-26-2003, 05:46 AM
Thanks, Lori!

Now if I just knew how big Mia would be so I could start buying these things when I see a good deal. I'll probably have to wait until she gets home so I can get real measurements, not orphanage so-so ones.

I want my baby :)

Kate888
06-26-2003, 07:59 AM
Thanks Lori for the great review :) And thank you Sarah for starting this thread ;) There is always something new around the block in the fun world of CDing.
Going to check out the fabric selection...

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

Momof3Labs
06-26-2003, 06:02 PM
Emily, it's hard to say how long the larges will last because these babies grow so fast sometimes, but I think that you would find the XL too bulky.

PS - we tried size 1 Kissaluvs and they seemed too skimpy. Size 2 seems a little large but works for naptime, when we aren't worried about the bubblebutt!

liya
06-26-2003, 07:30 PM
You want to know something i should actually place opinions when ive tried it all..Today i got in the mail a front snap QD AIO from LL and man does it fit way better i dont know why i love the fit this one gives him its great...Im thinking of ordering some HEMP ones that she has now...hummmmm i wonder....Oh and yes about her great return policy its excellent...