PDA

View Full Version : Im thinking i might sell my ME's

liya
06-27-2003, 08:07 PM
Im getting frustrated with them, i mean i wash and dry wash and dry wash and dry(you get the pic) and yes they have gotten fluffier but the absorbancy level isnt there...I mean even a sz 2 KL absorbs more than these im begining to wonder if they will ever be good enough...I like how the OS fits Arian cause it doesnt leave red marks but im not a terrible fan of it. I tried the Bikini CB in hemp and didnt like it at all its just to terribly bulky up where the snaps are located adn the absorbancy wasnt all there either...I dont even know what to do. I dont even know if i should size up on the sandys and maybe that might help a bit, but im scared if i size up now they will be sooo bulky i mean he fits into the small at the 2nd snap in the thigh and waist(one in the smallest setting and the other in the middle setting). also im having some trouble with my ME AF, seems to me that the legs dont completely close around his thigh, theres always a gap there and im scared one day poop will come flying out of there...I and if i put the med AF on the tightest thigh snap then in the front right in the hip crotch area kinda(best way i can describe it) he gets nasty red marks and there is still a gap in the back...Is this normal...*sigh* this CD thing has gotten expensive..lol i mean the only covers that fit well on him are the Bumpys and now i dont have em anymore cause he szd up to a medium, so i only have the wool bumpy which i looooooveeeeeeee....I havent gotten my CPF's yet...Im really upset at that i ordered them about 1 week ago, GREEN EARTH is so irresponsible sometimes...Anyhow the only thing i got going and working right are the KL sz 2 and i only have 6..So not enough to last me a day...and my HH are starting to give Arian a rash cause i think hes becoming sensitive to the fleece...Shoot everytime i put fleece in there he breaks out so i think its the fleece..So i have 6 diapes working for me absorbancy wise without terrible bulk, i dont even have to put a doubler in there...

Last night the KL were my saviors i mean Arian was screaming when i put the HH so i took it off and wondered what i could use. So i put a KL w/ a JB and the Bumpy wool cover and presto no leaks...*sigh* And now the FF look huge....This is not good not good at all..now i got really nice wool covers and no diapes to use on them...

Any suggestions???

Melanie
06-27-2003, 08:26 PM
hhhhmmm....I found the ME OS and Sandy to get soaked to the waist with Ds, too. Some of our Cuddlebuns are SO absorbant, but I guess the ingredients vary widely by wahm b/c I've heard complaints before, too.

I'm thinking look for something that has a lot of hemp in it for absorbancy.

I understand what you mean about the AF fit...maybe try for a cover with a soft bound elastic? Perhaps it will be stretchier so it will fit in the back without being too tight in the front? Right now DS is wearing some Polar Babies Happy Pants, but if your son is developing a fleece allergy, they're probably not the best for you.

Country Cuttins & Full Moon Baby Gear have soft bindings & are PUL like AF. I don't have any wool, si I can't recommend there.

blnony
06-27-2003, 08:50 PM
I have to use a Joey Bunz in almost all of Audrey's diapers. She really is a heavy wetter, and one joey bunz laid in almost any dipe makes a big difference. Since they are hemp knit, maybe they wouldn't bother Arian like the fleece?

Momof3Labs
06-27-2003, 09:34 PM
I wonder if the sensitivity to the fleece is due to detergent build-up. Is your fleece repelling at all?

egoldber
06-27-2003, 09:37 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Fleece is supposed to be particularly sensitive to detergent build up. I knwo soem of the women on the Mothering board with very hard water have said they have just resigned themselves to having to strip periodically or softening their water in some way.

This must be very frustrating for you.

liya
06-27-2003, 10:12 PM
YESSSSS!!!!! I know it is..but i have no CALGON in PR and this really sucks cause i know it has to be the build up it has to..I mean the HH were great at first but now UUUURRRGGGHHH!!! They are leaking all over..I tried the Dawn method that linda said and everything...This is sooo annoying.....Im mad....

liya
06-28-2003, 12:20 PM
I dont know guys but i think the firefly material is going to be the best thing for Arian..It looks sooo much like a JB...humm wonder...anyhow i dont know what to do im thinking of using my stash until i find something better...in the meanwhile im waiting on my orders...*sigh* maybe just maybe ill find the right diape someday....i mean i love JB's but at 4 months old i dont want to use them all the time they are horribly bulky inside any diaper

blnony
06-28-2003, 12:26 PM
That may be the difference with cding a girl vs a boy. B/c I don't find them to very bulky with Audrey's dipes. :)

Momof3Labs
06-28-2003, 12:47 PM
Isn't the Firefly hemp jersey? That brings us back to.... Crickett's. I know that you had problems with one, but the medium fits Colin really well still, so maybe it was the dipe. Do you want to borrow one of our medium Cricketts to try? I can drop it in the mail to you on Monday. The hemp is all broken in, so you would get a good sense of the absorbency right away.

The other thing to consider (and I can mail you one of these to try, too) are the 4x12 M&MC hemp doublers. They are smaller and thinner than a JB, so I fold them in half and tuck them in front for Colin, or lay them flat if I don't want the front bulk. Maybe a set of these would make your ME diapers do-able again. These really don't add much bulk at all.

egoldber
06-28-2003, 01:16 PM
The Firefly really does look like a diaper made of JoeyBunz! It's like having 3 Joeys all the time. And the Sleep Tight is like having 4 or 5 Joeys!!

liya
06-28-2003, 01:37 PM
that would be sooo great Lori.....I mean i have been thinking that it was the diape i tried...Cause it looked really small i think it was from that icky bad stash she gave out. And i agree with Neve i think the diaper did shrink cause Arian is 15 pds right now(kindda stopped in the weight gain area...lol) and 25in long and i dont see how in the world the medium was too small on him...I mean i have the Cricketts measurements right here in front of me and they totally suppress his measurements...

As for the ME's i do stick hemp in there, i have some Amy gave me and i think they are from M&MC or if not from SMJAE so i think they would be kinda the same thing, dont you?? Or do you think that the M&MC are best??? The hemp i have (a combination of Darling Diapers and those ther ones i mentioned)...Do the trick somewhat ( although i have found that the ones that Amy gave me are far supperior)but the saturation is still there...If i do i think i will also order the Samuel Fitted in a medium, since Brianna said they looked kinda small plus some of her doublers if you think i should...

I tried the Hemp cuddlebuns again and they seem to be getting more absorbant so i guess ill keep these just to see what they give...But i really need a diape that doesnt cost as much as a CB or a FF i mean money is no object when i comes to Arian's hiney but YK, i like having a stash of just one diaper, YKWIM....I dont care for fabric choices etc..They are cute and i love seeing them but its not important. I seem to enjoy plain diapers a cute covers more...lol

Right now im willing to sell everything if i find the right diaper..The cover is WOOL no doubt about it..In PUL i love Posiepatch(cause of their trimness and cute prints), Bumpy(these are my fav..), and the AF(even though they have that gap i find them so breathable)...But everything else from now on will be wool and the ocasional PUL..I havent gotten my CPF's yet but those i will keep cause i just like em for laundry day and emergencies and night time, easy and efficient w/ a prorap type cover and your set..Plus i tried the bikini twist and finally got it right and its sooo trim...

*sigh* i have to accept it though i ordered a try it out package from Fuz Baby (its was tooo much, i just couldnt handel the presure) plus if it doesnt work out i can always sell it at almost the same price...

Right now im rinsing all my diapes with Calgon.. I just got it in the mail today and from the looks of it, the water is looking really icky, not sudy, just icky coloring....I will wash my diapes today with Sports Wash also which i just got...To see if that in anyway makes a difference...

Momof3Labs
06-28-2003, 05:45 PM
Linda, I have a second-hand M&MC fitted that I just got off the MDC TP. I haven't even washed it yet. How 'bout if I include it in the package so you can try it. Of course, if you'd rather buy a new M&MC fitted, I promise that I will buy it off of you if you don't like it - I don't mind having more of these!

PM me with your address. I don't think that I kept it off of the last package I got from you.

PS - that's good that you are getting grungy water in your Calgon wash - that means that it is working! I didn't get many suds either, just lots of yucky water!