PDA

View Full Version : I used my Sleep Tight last night!

egoldber
06-30-2003, 02:26 PM
And it worked beautifully. It was fully saturated, but her nighttime diapers are ALWAYS saturated, so I was pleased! And the fit was much more trim than our usual nighttime concoction. Now I have to think if it is worth $50 to me to move to Sleep Tights completely for nighttime! (I find I need 3 nighttime diapers.)

Hmmm....

liya
06-30-2003, 02:33 PM
beth do you think i should sell of my whole stash..I mean im just not happy with it.....im sooo lost again....

btw i think 3 is totally enough, how are the quick dry working during the day??

egoldber
06-30-2003, 02:45 PM
I'm confused? You mean sell them off for Sleep Tights? No!!! It is WAY too much diaper for daytime.

The Quick Dry are nice, but the jury is still out for me as to whether I prefer them or Sugar Peas. I WANT to like the Fireflies more, since they are easier to come by, LOL!! :) I think that Sugar Peas and Firefly QuickDry are comparable in absorbancy, but they fit Sarah quite differently and I am still debating. But I am thinking about making a fitted stash (could never give up my prefolds!) out of one or the other.

Have you gotten your small Firefly yet? Or did you not get one, only the Fuz?

blnony
06-30-2003, 03:22 PM
Beth-
I love the sleep tights too. Even Paul is in love with these. I called Lori this morning, ready to buy 2 more, because we need three nighttime dipes too, on the washing schedule we use, and she didn't have any more aplix sleep tights. I know you are using the snaps, so it shouldn't be a problem. But my heart sank, I was like, well okay then, and she finally said she would try to get her contractor to make me some. She said the lady didn't like to sew the aplix, so she was going to phase them out. She's supposed to let me know if they will be made or not, I'm just crossing my fingers.
The snap quick dry's did not work for us, so I doubt the snap sleep tight will either. The aplix sleeptight was the most perfect nighttime diaper I've ever found. If she won't make them, I don't know what I'll do.

liya
06-30-2003, 04:40 PM
no no no ...just sell them off to buy another diapering solution..lol i was actually thinking of just dealing with my cpfs until i try out the diapes Lori is sending me, the diape Amy sent me and some other hemp diapers...I mean i know hemp is the only way to go for Arian i just need to try the other more cheaper hemp diapes out there....i did manage to get 3 Sugar Peas(one for Colin) and she did tell me that they were different than the other ones i had..So im hoping this will be it. I know Carrie doesnt have alot but i will stalk that store no matter what when it restocks and Carrie told me she was planing to have the whole store stalked by next month permanantly.... Plus to me they are cheap..I mean come on ive compared them to the hemp diapes out there and they are considerably cheap...

I got that large FF but not the small one..But i did want to know how long thatQD too to dry cause QD is definately a pro for me...Trying to save some energy and drying my diapes outside just doesnt work in this hot humid climate...I did manage to get a space in Stacys Little Launging Lizards list ....Since i was planing to just use prefolds and i love the way her material is i was thinking of buying some..and then she came out with GOSH DARNED HEMP FLEECE FITTEDS>>.....auuuuuururrghhh...

I like the sleep tight ones but truely i think i find it unecessary for Arian at this age. I mean i can buy a NN and cover it up with a wool cover and im set for the night and that NN only costs me like 10 buckst you know....

Melanie
06-30-2003, 05:17 PM
What cover do you use w/ them?

egoldber
06-30-2003, 05:30 PM
I'm using my old stand-by, a Motherease Airflow. :)

egoldber
06-30-2003, 05:32 PM
The QD dries quickly for me, but to be honest, I don't have trouble getting ANY diaper dry in one 50 minute dryer cycle.

I "think" I like the way the Sugar Peas fit Sarah more than I like the way the Firefly does. I am still debating. If Carrie will have more instock next month, I can wait until then. :)

Kate888
06-30-2003, 06:18 PM
Thanks everyone for the reviews!! I'm very tempted to try one, because it will be easier for DH to put it on (he puts Maya to bed at night). With Nighty Newts, I'll have to fold and snappi it for him. But like Linda, I got a custom order slot at Little Lounging Lizard. Still debating...

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

blnony
06-30-2003, 07:22 PM
I've been using my Bumpy wool with mine and it fits perfectly.
I didn't even put the doubler in and it was wet, but not saturated. I did put a fleece liner it though and A's booty was perfectly dry in the morning. She also slept 13 hrs in it and no leaks, wicking, nothing. I'm so impressed with this diaper. I just hope I can more of them.'

Melanie
06-30-2003, 07:26 PM
I have 3 2nd-hand ones coming, they are from before Lori took over, so they don't glow, but if they work the same that's good enough for me!