PDA

View Full Version : As some are doing out there, im just waving a peace flag here..

liya
06-30-2003, 08:24 PM
I have been through it all and now im just waving my little peace flag...Im keeping my ME diapes and probably buying more of them (since i only have like 6). Even though they are not the most absorbant diapers i have found myself hooked on this diaper frenzzy and ive just about had it... I mean it is insane the amount of effort and time i have put into actually catching when stores stock and to find the diape that works best for Arian ect. I have debated all day with this and have thought many things over..

1) I change my son extremely frequently so an extremely absorbant diaper is not necessary..Although i would love it. It seems that all my efforts to actually get one have been useless..And also all the diapers that i can not afford are the ones that have the great absorbancy feature...So i guess ill have to find the best doublers around and insert them in my motherease diapes. Also i have found that i think Unbleached diapers are more absorbant than bleached ones..That said my current ME diapes are all bleached and i feel that if they were unbleached their absorbancy level would be a little better...I have noticed this absorbancy change in my belached and unbleached CPF's so it must apply here also.
2) I am thinking of going back to the baisic CPF's. I know these arent the best choice when it comes to poopy blowouts but they are quite absorbant and work really really well with Bumpy covers(which i love) it makes them so trim and the same procedure can go here...Add a good doubler and your set.
3) I think Arian is allergic to fleece..the jury is still out on this one but everytime i put an HH on him his poor little balls are extremely red when i take the diaper off..Then when i put a ME on they come back to their original color..This leads me to believe that he does have sometype of sensitivity problem with fleece. That said i will have to purchase either Little Lambs AIO(the new hemp ones and because she has such a great warranty) or teach the daycare ppl to use ME diapes on Arian. Happy Heineys are great with one JB totally trim but i fear that i will do more harm to my son by using this.
4) I have no idea what im going to do with my joey buns but i think just laying 2 in a cover would be fine to use during the daytime. I might be wrong but....
5) i think i may cancel my fuz baby and my ff order..I will call tommorow or email her tonight when i change my mind.
6) i will have around 12 UBCPFS, 12 OS and 6 sandys along with a mix of the the hemp fitteds and CPF's since i wash every 2 days and change arian around 18 times im shooting for 36 diapes but i dont know if thats enough...

I am tiered. Tiered of Arians allergies and tiered of trying to find the perfect diaper for him. If i change him as often as i do( i can go through about 18 diapes in 1 day) i shouldnt have a problem with any absorbancy rate..Although i love the way hemp feels i cannot afford it..I am however keeping the ones i got from Sugarpeas since they were seconds and i got them at $9.00...relatively cheap i think...i also have 2 snap dragons in hemp and this makes, and 1 CB hemp in total 5 diapes that i know i can trust for when we go out...for long trips...

I have a space available with Stacy from Little Launging Lizards and was actually looking at her prices..Which seem quite fair for the product and not much more than the reg hemp PF...I will order some of her items but not alot...Im thinking of 3 hemp pf 3 soakers9to use in my LL AIO) and 2 NN but im not sure....

Saying all this i have many things for grabs an i wanted to offer them to you all before anyone else..Since you were the ones that helped me out in my time of need....

6 KL sz 2 Seconds
2 SOS (which i will sell at what i got them for shipping and all..., i have no need for extra money of them right now..im a really fair person but one is gender neutral and the other one is boyish i have a trains one)
1 Darling Diaper AIO medium
1 Darling Diaper Fitted sz small
5 HH assorted unique limited edition prints and 2 solids sz med
2 Cloud 9 diapes Med w/ their own matching fleece cover

My money situation is really complicated right..The credit Bureu is up my hiney...*sigh* So i could use your help with this..Thank you for everything Beth, Brianna, Kate, Sparkeeze, Lori(although i will still have a try at those diapes your sending me for later on when Arian gets older)...You all have been an excellent support....Now to head my life to the baisics and report on them..hey maybe one day ill learn to saw and not need someone elses yucky diapes...lol ;)

I will post the diapes with the pricing sometime tonight in our boards but if your interested in something email me so i can separate it for you....

Kate888
06-30-2003, 09:28 PM
Ok, Linda, take a deep breath with me. We'll figure this out together {{{HUGS}}}. I believe you'll get a lot of great ideas here, too :)

It's hard to find a dream diaper. I LOVE SOS for the fit, but I always need to add a 3 layer hemp fleece doubler in it to increase the absorbency. Even with the doubler, the dipe is still soaked after 2 hours. But since it's changing time, no biggie. Just to let you know that I don't have the "perfect" diaper either ;)

So let's start all over again with your system. First, do you like the fit of ME? If yes, we can easily increase the absorbency with hemp doublers. Although the doubler will make the dipe a little bulkier (not a lot), I think it should be fine for home use. You can find great hemp doublers at a great price at SMJAE.
http://store.smjae.com/products/index.asp

It's a good idea to add some CPFs or Froggy Fleecers from LLL as your workhorse. If I have a second baby, I'll definately get some, since they're affordable and work great. But don't get too many of them until you're sure that Arian won't become a wiggly worm at 6 month :D

You can use your JBs with ME or laying two of them in a cover to use as an AIO or WIO.

If the orders from Fuzbaby or FF is stressing you out, definately cancel them. Those dipes are not going anywhere, you can always come back for them later (considering Arian is not even 5 months, your diapering career is still quite long).

As far as how many diaper you'll need, I'd say between 36-48, depending how often you do laundry. It's pretty warm in PR, so you may have to do laundry more often, plus you won't need to change Arian that often when he is a little older. Maybe 40 diapers?

What's your night system now? I use NN with Aristocrat and Mom and Me Creations Wooly Dream. So I only need 4 NN and 2 covers to rotate (since they take longer to dry). This is the easy part.

Sorry this is so frustrating to you, Linda! Hope things get better soon! I'll sleep with this thread and hopefully offer more help tomorrow.

Hang in there, we're all here for you!!! {{{{HUGS}}}}

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

mommyj
06-30-2003, 10:05 PM
Your plan to simplify and just go with what's working for you is a good one. It's really easy to get caught up in the diaper frenzy, and especially the quest for that perfect diaper. I'm still pregnant and I've noticed that the more I read about different popular dipes and covers, the mor it makes me think I need to try everything. The reality of it is so much of this is personal preference, as well as what works for your individual baby.
I don't have any helpful suggestions, since I have no experience CDing yet, but I just wanted to support you in your decision.
Also, as far as the HH problem goes, it seems like fitteds are almost as easy as pocket dipes, so it seems like your daycare people should be able to use them easily. The Little Lambs idea is also a good one, since she has a money back guarantee & really good customer service.
I hope you're happy with your simplified system!

egoldber
06-30-2003, 10:27 PM
I change Sarah 7-8 times a day. Before my hemp buying spree, I had 15 CPFs, 11 Motherease fitteds and 8 AIOs/pockets. That was plenty for washing every other day. I could easily go three days, but my pail is full before that! But I like having the extra so I don't have to rush to fold diapers and put them away. I have sort of decided to replace my Motherease fitteds with hemp fitteds since they don't really keep up with Sarah's pee output these days. I will likely retire them for the next baby.

So in general, I think that 36-40 total diapers is plenty. The question is how do you split up those diapers between CPFs, fitteds, and AIO/pockets.

How often will Arian be in child care? That will influence how many AIO/pockets you needs. If he will be there 5 days a week, then I would have a stash of 20 AIOs/pockets (for child care) and 20 fitteds and/or CPFs (for home). If he will only be there 2-3 days a week, then you could get by with fewer pocket/AIOs since you would have time to wash in between.

Happy simplifying!

blnony
06-30-2003, 10:51 PM
Okay....deep breath. I understand your dilemma. Just remember like someone said, you have a long time left in your diapering career. What works right now, may change down the road, so don't get too upset with cding just yet.
1. Get rid of the fleece items. There's no need to try and locate the exact problem.
2. If ME diapers are working for you, use them. There is nothing wrong with their products. My ME Airflow is my favorite PUL cover I own.
3. The chase for the perfect diaper is useless. What works for one person may not work for another. SOS don't fit Audrey at all, so I don't even worry about them any more. It doesn't matter what the "cool kids" have, it only matters what works for you and Arian.
4. Simplify. I did this a couple of weeks ago an it was great. I got rid of all the stuff that had just been sitting in her drawer. I don't have to look at diapers I don't like anymore. And I could concentrate on what did work for us.
5. Fitteds and covers are not hard to learn. I'm sure your daycare will work with you. I would recommend taking a Bummis tote or something like for them to keep the dirty ones in for you.
6. You don't have to spend a lot of money to cloth diaper. Fuz will always be there. You might like it later when Arian can stay in one size for longer and you get more wear out of it. You never know, but don't let it bother you. Just remember, price doesn't necessarily reflect the quality of something.
7. You can find some good hemp doublers from several places thats very affordable. If you email me, I have some things you can try.
8. You can still come in here and hang with all of us even if you aren't stalking stores and prowling around for new dipes. We like you, so you are welcome to stay as long as you like! :)

westgre
07-01-2003, 07:45 AM
I was thinking about this a lot this weekend also. Although I didn't start CD'ing for money reasons (DD had a rash that wouldn't clear up with disposables), I figured up that I have spent about six month's worth of disposable cost so far on CD's in one month of CD'ing. So, I am going to try to make it through the next 5 months with what I have before spending any more on CD's. After that, I am going to allow myself an allowance for CD's that equals what I would be paying for sposies. Here's what I've learned this weekend, after thinking things through.
1) When I'm at home, I usually choose UBCPF's. Although they don't contain poop quite as well as fitteds, they wash much better for me than fitteds. I've yet to have a stain on any of my UBCPF's. They are trimmer than my fitteds and just as absorbable. The only thing I grab more quickly is my one and only Kissaluvs contour, which is even more trim than CPF's.
2) Two UBCPF's at night has worked just as well as any other night time system I've tried. With a ME Air Flow, of course.
3)UBCPF's are soft out of the package and just keep getting softer each time I wash them. While my hemp fleece fitted was soft out of the package, it has gotten less soft with washing.
4) If I were at home full time with DD I would just buy an UBCPF package and sell everything else. However, since DD is with the sitter for four more weeks and with DH after that, I must keep my fitteds.
Even after making this decision and realizing the things above, I've still been "window shopping" for CD's and am a little sad that I won't be able to try a Nightly Newts or a Samuel's Soaker for another five months.
If you want to commiserate about money, feel free to e-mail me. I'm in a financial fix also until I graduate in August and find a job. Ugh!

Gretchen & Lyra (12/30/02)

Kate888
07-01-2003, 10:13 AM
Here is a great thread about simplifying. HTH :)

http://mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?s=af36b2823d3c8e793acd6d4fbe345a4d&threadid=70500

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

mama2be
07-01-2003, 11:29 AM
linda,
i'm pecking one handed so please excuse...

i forgot if you have a machine or not...but if you do and don't need to pay for the use of one i could have survived with my 17 Cricketts i had. it has only been since sending them back that i entertained pfs. sure i washed every other day and until amy halped me sposied at nite...but i could have done it. that was about $198 and then my prowrap 2nd quality covers...

just something to think about. it cam be done, factor in the amount of time investigating products
and that time can be spent washing the product that works best for you...does that help at all????

OH MY tristan just grabbed the phone and pulled it off the desk...yikes!!!!!! i suspect i'm entering a new chapter of my life in this very moment :)

liya
07-01-2003, 11:50 AM
yeah thanks neve...its just that the daycare ppl will not do CPFs and i wont be a SAHM 2 weeks from now...i have to go back to school cause if i dont graduate and take my bar soon this money situation will grow worse...so im just searching for a system that would be cheap and easy for the daycare ppl to use...i was thinking about LL AIOs but they are 11 dollars extra i will have to spend, and while they are cute, they will be there for longer and i can get some later...for now im just trying to get fitteds and covers...

I tried the proraps and didnt like them(i know i should though for the money) but i dont they are way way to hot for PR thats why i was thinking of investing some money in the BUmpy which i love but was looking at models like the Riki and the litewraps so see if they were similar because they are sooo much cheaper. but i do love the bumpy trim....i change arian so many times to keep him dry that i need more diapers than reg cause i do laundry every 2 days and doing laundry every day isnt an option, i just wont have time...

i have an estimated amount of $350.00 after selling all my stuff it can be more....and i just tested the OS again and i preffer the Sandys so the OS are going for sale too..so that would mean i have about $500.00 which i think is more than enough for a good system but i do need money left over

i have:
12 cpfs
6 sandys
2 sugar peas
2 snapdragons hemp terry fleece
1 cb bikini

covers:
2 AF
2 posie patch
1 bumpy wool
2 sugarpeas wool

and thats it everything else is going for sale...

btw yes its all begining the grabbing the pulling the screams....YIKES!!!!! soon he will be up and around...lol

Zansu
07-01-2003, 12:01 PM
Linda

What sizes?

mama2be
07-01-2003, 03:48 PM
Linda,
I'm not really suggesting PFs but actually a "good" fitted!!!! I could have lived off of those 17 Crickett Fitteds...(and did)...

Also are you "fleecing" to keep the wet away from him, sounds like that is a concern of yours I am shocked how dry he feels with the flece.

Ours are cut into hour glass shape not the rectangle shape (though I have those too)...

liya
07-01-2003, 07:50 PM
allergic to fleece...lol