PDA

View Full Version : I've totally lost my mind...but this cover is too cute!

mommyj
07-02-2003, 02:52 PM
So, I think I've officially gone over the edge. I have way too many covers already, but I just bought another one. I think it's a result of not being able to find out my baby's gender, which makes it hard to shop for clothes. I've decided this has to be my last CD-related purchase until my baby is born. Anyway...
If any of you are looking for a really cute wool cover, you might want to check out http://www.phunkymama.com/store/. Her custom made covers are $23 including shipping, and she has some really cute designs. Since I just ordered mine, I can't post a review, but her covers have been getting good reviews on some other diapering boards.
She also has some in stock, and the prices of those vary depending on how complex the embroidered design is.
Just thought I'd pass along the info :)

mama2be
07-02-2003, 03:53 PM
I actually tried to pull up her site last night and had problems...I think her covers are adorable. I have one from Amy and it is medium/large...I do worry about the sizing becasue it is snug...but OH so cute...and I found that she beant over back wards to cutsom do stuff. I loved her!!!

gravymommy3
07-02-2003, 04:30 PM
Hey Neve,

We need to see a picture of Tristan in that cover!! She will make them bigger if you ask her, I believe!

liya
07-02-2003, 04:34 PM
you know what, i tried one of the phunkymama covers and i didnt like it...the wool was too rough for me....hummm maybe it was the one i tried....anyhow hope yours is much better...they are way cute by the way....

mama2be
07-02-2003, 05:04 PM
she has a gorgeous blue she calls a cashmere :)...I'll see if Steve can grab me a picutre of that butt in the cover :)...I told you I want to bite his butt when he is in it it is so cute :)...

mommyj
07-02-2003, 06:05 PM
I know she has different types of wool, so maybe you ended up with one that wasn't as soft. I emailed her to check on softness and thickness before I ordered, so hopefully it will be soft. I'll know as soon as it gets here.

mommyj
07-02-2003, 06:12 PM
I think she has 2 different sizing systems for different types of covers. She has some that are S, M, and L. These come in trim and full cut. Then, she has the M/L system for some other covers. I'm actually hoping mine runs a little small because I want to use it ASAP on my baby after s/he is born. I'd already bought a small Bumpy wool to try, but ordered this one when I figured out I might not be able to use the Bumpy for a while.
I can't wait until my cover gets here! You're right about how wonderful she is to work with. I asked her so many questions it was embarassing, and she answered them all. I was drooling over the blue cashmere, but decided I shouldn't splurge on cashmere for the newborn stage.

liya
07-02-2003, 07:23 PM
Im sure it will...at least it will be cute..lol

mama2be
07-03-2003, 03:24 PM
Her site does not say...

mommyj
07-03-2003, 04:07 PM
I paid using Paypal. DH gets all the Paypal emails, so I had to warn him ahead of time. The week I went crazy and bought 3 slings and some cloth wipes, I forgot to warn him :)

mama2be
07-03-2003, 04:50 PM
cool I'm ordering 4 large trim ones and then having the beatrix potter pattern emailed to her...I'll keep you posted...we'll have Peter Rabbit on his butt!!!! Her web site is not user friendly...I think she'd get a lot more business if it were...it's hard to figure out...

Thanks so much!!!

liya
07-03-2003, 08:28 PM
OMG wow Neve youve gone wool bannanas...lol Mom and me creations and phunkymama..The wool bug bit you!!!! ;)