PDA

View Full Version : torn between the cricketts and the sams fitted

liya
07-03-2003, 09:06 PM
ok im torn today all them hemp diapes i was waiting for got here and you all were right ut was the cricketts i tried cause this one fit him fine. it didnt fit in the folded settings though but it did fit him just fine... here are some pics so you gur can see what i mean...its so weird too because he was in his sam fitteds for like 3hrs (nap time) and it felt so dry and actually the fabric felt dry as well really nice and no reaction to the fleece whatsoever..Im starting to think that his reaction to fleece is only with the HH and FB fleece...they are different....oh well help me decided because i need to place an order on these puppies by tonight....BTW the cricketts felt wetter in a relatively shorter amount of time...But maybe he pees less sleeping which i doubt but anyhow...I think the sams fitted is a nicer fit..but i might be wrong

Arian in the Crickets plus the doubler
http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL134/1094943/2195908/28714533.jpg
Arian in the Sam Fitteds
http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL134/1094943/2195908/28714528.jpg
Arian in the Growing Greens One Size
http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL134/1094943/2195908/28714519.jpg

Suggestions and comments are appreciated...lol

Momof3Labs
07-03-2003, 09:20 PM
Linda, I'm glad that you are having some success now in diapers! As much as I like (not quite love) the Crickett's, I would suggest against them because Arian will outgrow them sooner than the other two diapers. The M&MC diaper goes up to 35 pounds, so if he can wear that one comfortably now, he will be in it pretty much until he potty trains (makes these a pretty good value). The Crickett's goes up to 25 lbs, but I suspect that Colin will outgrow it by 20-22lbs or earlier. So you won't have nearly as much time in them as the M&MC fitted.

I don't know much about the Growing Greens, but don't like how the front flaps don't lay flat in front. I also was told today that front flaps tend to droop once baby becomes mobile, so you may like these now but like them a lot less in a few months. The M&MC gets around the drooping issue with their snap configuration (Jen talks about it on her website).

Sooooo, my vote is to get the M&MC in the 20-35lbs size!

liya
07-03-2003, 09:27 PM
woudl you suggest fleece lined or not lined...I mean i touched that sucker after a nap and it felt sooo dry in his bum....But it was wet..

Momof3Labs
07-03-2003, 09:57 PM
I think that it is entirely up to you. The hemp fleece might be safer because Arian has so many allergies - you can always add a homemade MM fleece liner, if you want.

liya
07-03-2003, 10:00 PM
true...hummm

Kate888
07-04-2003, 08:42 AM
The fit of the Sam's and the Crickette's seems great. They look very trim. I don't like the wigs of the GG based on the picture (though I've never tried one). I agree with Lori that you'll get more wear out of the Sam's. It also seems to have a higher rise. Arian is still a baby, so he will grow pretty fast. My vote is the Sam's, too :)

HTH :)

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

westgre
07-04-2003, 09:11 AM
Linda,
Glad to see you're that much closer to your perfect stash! I think the Growing Greens look like a great fit! BUT, someone on the board told me their GG wasn't very absorbent and I know that's an issue for you. The Crickett's look a little bulky and I've been hesitant to try them because of all the doubler issues lately. As you know, I've been dying to try the Sam's Fitteds myself, so I may be a bit partial to those. I just love the thought of the whole diaper lined in fleece -- not just a doubler or a lining. But, you may want to try it for several days before you order all fleece lined ones because of his possible fleece allergy. But if it doesn't bother him, I would order Sam's Fitteds fleece lined. BTW, what size is he wearing in that pic? Uh oh, I feel my pledge to buy no more CD's for another 5 months dwindling. Wink, wink.

Momof3Labs
07-04-2003, 09:47 AM
That's a size medium (20-35lbs) Sam's fitted. It is Colin's, lent to Arian to try!

mama2be
07-04-2003, 10:01 AM
I have to say I miss my Cricketts...seeing your pic brings tears to my eyes...but that damn doubler...but they seemed so well made and strong I think 10 kids coudl wear them.

Since we are hanging out in only 2 ff (too big), 1 sf, and prefolds till my large order comes in I can only pray that I will love the sf more!!!!!

Jen deterred me from the all fleece inside she said that fleece is getting some mention due to what it is made with lately...I guess some are bashing it...I don't know I was in math calcualtion hell that day so I don't remember the specifics...but we got only hemp fleece and I put my liners in them...

Steve's looking ove my shoulder and misses the Cricketts...he said that they fell below the belly button and aroudnt he legs the fit held in the pee...but I reminded him that the sf fit a larger size...

egoldber
07-04-2003, 02:06 PM
My vote is for the Sam's fitted. It seems to fit him "right" whereas the others don't.

How have you found the absorbancy to be on the Growing Greens? I didn't think it was that absorbant.

blnony
07-04-2003, 06:27 PM
I have to say I prefer the Sam's fitteds. It looks like it fits him much better. Esp. in the legs. ALso, I like the Cloud 9's on him from the other thread. I've come to love my Cloud 9's on Audrey. Those and the Sam's fitteds fit her slender waist and thicker thighs the best of any we have. They are also remarkably trim, even with a wool cover.

liya
07-04-2003, 07:28 PM
Brianna did you see the CBs on him though what are your thoughts???

blnony
07-04-2003, 08:06 PM
Yes, I did. The only thing that I kind of don't like it leg ruffle on the CB. It looks like once he starts crawling, the leg ruffle may give you problems. But, again, thats my opinion only from the pics. IRL is might be different.