PDA

View Full Version : Oh nooooo... what are all these new dipes?!

mamahill
07-05-2003, 10:56 AM
LADIES LADIES LADIES! I have purposely steered clear of this forum to keep myself out of trouble, but Ainsleigh is getting bigger and I've begun to look at other diapers... What are Snapdragons? What are CB? More to the point, where are ordering from? And honestly, don't post about diapers if you've shut a WAHM down to do your order (NEVE!) - that's just not fair:(. Haha - but seriously folks, I guess I should read just to stay on top of things. I leave for a month and no more FBs? No more CPFs? All new crazy names. But I do love the word hemp, so perhaps I'll have to follow Linda's lead...

Joel is going to be so mad at all of you (though once I get any new diapers, he pronounces them his favorites - go figure)...

liya
07-05-2003, 01:25 PM
lol and just wait i have more....jeje

http://www.kindheartedwomen.com/hempdiapers.html

these diapers come highly recomended and i have spoken to the ppl incharge and they are soo nice..they are willing to make diapes cut to your childs needs...which i find excellent..Most of all with their profits they make diapers for needy children in third world countries...Plus they are animal friendly and enviromentally friendly and are part of the United Colors org...Im thinking if they do make great diapes i would buy from them instead since they do such a noble cause....plus their diapers are cheappppppp and all hemp which is also a bonus...

CBs are cuddelbuns they are one size diapers and are made of different materials..Mine is all hemp though it has some french type hemp and aslo hemp fleece fuzzy side inside the diape because this fuzz tends to get rough...

Snap Dragons are the Posie Patch diapers..Mine just happen to be hemp because she was test driving them again and decided to make me some hemp ones...lol but shes going to make more starting this week...She also makes them of different materials...

Samuel Fitteds have the benefit of having the snaps hidden inside the diaper so it will not touch the babies skin....

Cloud9 are increadebly soft diapes but the down side is that they take soooo long to dry but they can absorb mad tons of pee...jejeje

I hope this summarizes all of it..Ive just been searching for the best fit, absorbancy and trimness of diapers for Arian and these ladies have been so great at helping me out...Let me know if you need anymore info on any other hemp diape...Ive tried TOOOOONSSSSSS....lol

Oh and the Fireflys and Sleep Tights are the new hit around here jejeje but the larges are larges and there are no mediums...which sucks....anyhow thats the low down...

blnony
07-05-2003, 01:32 PM
Sarah-
First, I love Ainsleigh's new avatar. She is looking like such a sweet little girl now. Its amazing how fast they change.
Then, on the diaper front.....shame on you for leaving us for so long. :)
There are so many out there, its hard to keep up. But I just got a snapdragon and I like it okay, but Its not a favorite.

mamahill
07-05-2003, 02:04 PM
Thank you Linda and Brianna! Linda - would Cloud9s be a good night-time diaper, with all the mad tons of pee it's absorbing? :) We've been putting Ainsleigh to sleep in a FB stuffed with one CPF and she's been waking up a bit damp :( so now I'm looking for a new night-time diaper. I saw Beth's post about Sleep Tights (right?) and am intrigued. Where do you get them?

Links links links!! I've already bookmarked kindheartedwomen.com - thanks! What a noble cause. I'll definitely order something from them when I get my "to buy" list in order!

Thank you so much. I love my cds, but have been trying to make them the economical alternative I first persuaded DH with (and all your cute diapers and covers do NOT fit that! -- though there will always be child 2 and 3...;))

egoldber
07-05-2003, 02:26 PM
Oh, I still love my CPFs. But Sarah has begun peeing like a mad woman (toddler)! With the heat, she is drinking FIFTY ounces of water a day PLUS 12 ounces of milk, and my poor Motherease are having a hard time keeping up!

So I have added some hemp fitteds to my collection. I have some Fireflies and Sugar Peas, but I am not yet convinced that I am in love with either. I have also tried Growing Green onesize hemp diapers, and I don't care for them at all. I am also contemplating a hemp Cuddlebuns and a Samuels Fitted.

liya
07-05-2003, 02:31 PM
http://www.fireflydiapers.com/quickdry/

theres the num for the sleep tights..and i think with ainsleigh being so big this would be your best bet....

and no i dont think coud 9 diapes alone would be enough....they are good daytime diapes though but she does make them with as many layes as you want but so does the kindheartedwoman.com site...

liya
07-05-2003, 02:49 PM
Beth....did you get a chance to see the diapes on Arian??? What fit did you like the most???

blnony
07-05-2003, 06:45 PM
Sarah-
The Cloud 9 would probably work good for a nighttime dipe-but her shop is closed right now. I emailed with her Thursday, and she said she might be putting some in the instock on occassion, but she has a lot of big orders and didn't know when or if she would reopen.
The sleep tight is by far the best nighttime diaper I've ever found. I love these things. You have to call to order them, but so worth it and worth the dollars too.
http://www.fireflydiapers.com/quickdry/

Edited to add: I like the cloud 9 softie without the snap in doubler for daytime; its one of the most trim diapers I've found. I would keep checking her store, because she is great to work with and has a great product.
www.cloud9softies.com

mamahill
07-05-2003, 07:43 PM
Holy cow! That's almost a gallon of liquid a day!! You must go through so many diapers:).

Thanks, all for your recommendations. I knew "my ladies" would have some helps. Sad that new diaper bookmarks have me so excited.

egoldber
07-06-2003, 12:56 PM
Linda, I liked the fit of both the Cuddlebuns and the Sam's Fitted. I would say whichever you prefer.

HTH,

liya
07-06-2003, 01:05 PM
thank you Beth...

MartiesMom2B
07-08-2003, 09:23 AM
Sarah:

I know how you feel! I try to avoid this forum now because of all of these new and exciting diapers. Linda is especially a bad influence, sending me all those links to cool diaper sites ;)

Luckily I have more than enough diapers now, but oooh boy when Martie has to go up a size, I'm going shopping.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

liya
07-08-2003, 03:53 PM
Mua!!!!! a bad influence as if!!!!! Beth, Kate and Brianna were the ones that started this whole HEMP fiasco with their Firefly and Fuz Baby purchases...I am an innocent victim like all of you...lol Nope i didnt do it, not at all!!

;)

egoldber
07-08-2003, 04:11 PM
LOL! No Fuz here, and I'm not even sure how married I am to my Fireflies. They are VERY absorbant, but I'm not quite sure I like how they fit Sarah. It is YOUR fault Linda, that I just bought a Cuddlebuns to try!!

liya
07-08-2003, 04:16 PM
NO WAY!!!!!! NOT ME I WILL NEVER ACCEPT IT...YOU WILL NEVER CATCH ME!!!!!!THEY ARE SOOO TRIM ON ARIAN....AND I HAVE MORE COOL DIAPES.......TO SHOW AND TELL!!!