PDA

View Full Version : This has been a very sad day for me

liya
07-05-2003, 09:29 PM
Today i had to go buy a package of Huggies(YUCK!!!)i dont have enough diapes to even last me 6 hours right now so it was a must...I have talked to various cuddlewahms and even though their work is spectacular i just cannot afford 20 diapers at 19.00 each. I mean even Lori from THE FUZMAMA told me she would discount the fireflys for me....GEEEZZZZ!!!! Im just so depressed right now cause i dont want to buy something that i will wind up selling again...And i really need to buy my diapers and like NEVE i like having one of a kind diapers..Theres just something about always picking the same thing that you know and understand...I just needed to say this here cause i feel really confomfortable talking to you guys..To top it all off, the lady that was supposed to send me my CPFs is a bust...GREEN EARTH bites the big one right now...I ordered 12 CPFs to last me those weeks of waiting to find the right fitted nad the lady screwed up my order and the diapers have yet to be found...sigh.....today as i put a huggies on Arian i was telling him how sorry i was...I mean you should see the red bumps in his hiney they are horrible....But i cant do anything else for now..I tried to keep up washing and drying but i just cant im exausted...I will have to see what diapers i choose and even if i choose one of the diapes be it samuel fitteds or any i will have to wait...around 2 weeks until they make them...

thanks for hearing me out

stillplayswithbarbies
07-05-2003, 09:43 PM
I don't know anything about cloth diapers, but I do know about finding things cheap. :)

www.kidsurplus.com has kushies diapers and covers. I don't know if that is anything you would like or not, but I saw them today as I was looking for something else, and thought about you.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Momof3Labs
07-05-2003, 09:44 PM
Linda,

I'm sorry that this is so frustrating for you. It is my understanding that mamas who make Cuddlebuns do not have any say over the price that they charge - it is controlled by the queen poobah of Cuddlebuns (whoever that is - Baby By You, I think it is called?). I don't know how much trouble they get in if they discount "under the table" but apparently quite a bit or someone would be willing to do it. Definitely a big disadvantage of buying Cuddlebuns, unfortunately.

In the meantime, can you do anything to line the disposables so that they won't irritate Arian's bottom as much? I'm thinking that those thin cloth "diapers" by Gerber that are available at BRU, TRU and Target might work, and they aren't very expensive. Or even something homemade - like liners made of cotton fabric or terrycloth that you cut out yourself from fabric from Wal-Mart or something. Just a thought.

Hope that you get this worked out soon.

liya
07-05-2003, 09:47 PM
You know i just put a JB on him tonight just to check if that would help...I mean you had to see his penis the other day when i had to use a sposie cause the diapes you sent hadnt gotten here yet....and man it was soooooo red...Im hoping with the JB it could help some...But i have no clue....

liya
07-05-2003, 09:48 PM
thank you sooo much Karen for thinking about me...but kushies just dont work on Arian..I need something that holds his massive pee pee machine...jejeje

thank you though that was really sweet of you

Momof3Labs
07-05-2003, 09:54 PM
Another option - I know that you have some diapers that you are trying to sell - why don't you keep on using them until they sell? Even though they don't work that well for you, they are better than a rash in sposies.

(And I don't agree with that woman on MDC - $25 for 6 nearly new ME OS seems like way to low of a price. Those retail for $9 each, so that is $54 for 6 new ones. If that is all you will get for them, you might as well use them some more, then sell them!)

liya
07-05-2003, 10:01 PM
He hates those....lol.....the MEs he cant stand them i think its cause they feel sooo wet soo fast...and i cant put some fleece on them either....sigh....naaaaaaa i didnt listen to her..i put em on ebay starting off at 25.00 no way am i going to list those suckers for less than that i know they will sell for atleast 40.00 and its still a deal...and the KL seconds those cost like 8.00 a pop so no way am i selling them for less than what i said either....I mean im not that stupid i have seen the motherease boards and screwed up diapes sell for good money and mine are new baisically i mean when did i start CDing like a month and something ago right...no way!!

mama2be
07-06-2003, 08:34 AM
LInda,
I am sorry you are going thru this...
I wish I could help...
I agree with Lori use what you have...

Also I wonder if a diaper is "bad for you" one day and then as he gorws will work great. You made reference to that one day, one you didn't like all of a sudden worked. I have experienced that I loved my Phunymama mama cover but I thought it too small...now with my PFS it is our saving grace till my stash comes in :)...I love it with my PFs...

Try them again...see if that helps...

egoldber
07-06-2003, 12:59 PM
I agree with Lori. I think the pricing on your Motherease diapers is very fair. The "going rate" for used, but still with lots of life is around $6/diaper. (Anything less than that is a really good price.) I think that $7.50/diaper for barely used diapers is very fair.

There is a bit of anti-Motherease bias on the mothering board, so I would take that with a big grain of salt. They are very popular diapers.

HTH,

liya
07-06-2003, 01:04 PM
Ok tried the MEs i dont know why he just starts screaming when he has them on...WEIRD!!!! Anyhow i took em off but im putting a JB in every diaper is helping some...Atleast the gell balls dont touch his skin..Today im going to buy some cheap flannel prefolds that are as big as a premium prefold...they have designs and stuff in it but im going to buy the 12 pack and put JBs in them lay them in the covers and see if this works....IM CROSSING MY FINGERS!!!!Ill tell you how it goes tonight....this im the 5 diapers i got should hold me through hopefully.....

OT here: Those HuGGIES SMELL NASTY!!! Yesterday i couldnt sleep with the smell(arian co sleeps) eeeeeiiiiiwwwww...

SeekerMage
07-06-2003, 01:18 PM
Have you tried other disposable diapers? Or only the Huggies brand? I know some kids are allergic to the Huggies but can use the Luvs just fine. Or is he just allergic to all disposable diapers?

Also have you tried the all natural disposable diapers? I know the Whole Foods sell them, and I believe Domincks also does. I cannot remember the name of them but they have no fillers or other things to irratate babies skin. Just a thought until you can find the cd you are looking for!

mama2be
07-06-2003, 01:42 PM
I wonder if Crickett would give you a good deal on the diapers I returned to her...and if she'd add you a new doubler...have you checked. I mean I got them new for 11.95 so used maybe she can cut you ag reat deal...

Calmegja
07-06-2003, 01:49 PM
I'm sure this has been suggested before, but I'll throw this out there in the mix, too....

How about Fuzzi Bunz? The plain white aren't that expensive, and properly broken in Joeys hold massive pees, and they also really help with diaper rash. I've heard that SMJAE also makes hemp stuffers that are less than Joeys.

I've only had one kid with diaper rash issues, and the FB's have eliminated it, and I have more trouble when I put him in anything else.

I've found that on the occasions where we have to put Josh in a sposie, he is much less likely to get a rash in Pampers Cruisers....

I wish I could be more help. It's so frustrating....

*edited to add....is the baby allergic to fleece as well? Rereading the thread, I'm getting that impression, which would nullify the Fuzzi suggestion....

liya
07-06-2003, 05:45 PM
Yes he is sweety...thanks for the suggestion though.

liya
07-06-2003, 05:46 PM
Sma thing happened with the tushies....i think he just cant use disposables whatsoever...natural or with gel.....sigh