PDA

View Full Version : Pampers size 1/2 versus size 2?

stillplayswithbarbies
07-08-2003, 06:04 PM
I noticed that TRU has their cases of diapers on sale, and with the 15% coupon that is a really good deal.

But they only come in a size 1/2, not a size 2. Does anyone know how they compare to a 2? I'm afraid she will outgrow them before we use them up. She fits fine in a 2, especially the Swaddlers since they stretch.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

em_jon98
07-08-2003, 06:11 PM
I believe they are a tad smaller than the standard size two, sized to not be huge on a baby who really needs a size one, but still fit a size two baby.

The cases that are on "sale" (special price of 17.99, right?) are two jumbo packs, if that helps you with the figuring out how quickly you will use them.

jbrandy
07-10-2003, 08:57 PM
Swaddler 1/2's are much smaller than 2's. My son outgrew the 1/2's by the end of the 2nd month. This was really frustrating to me because I was getting them in large quantities at Sam's club. Now I'm having to buy smaller packages at Walmart, Target, etc... 2's go up to 18 lbs. I think the 1/2's only go up to 14 or 15lbs. But even though my son didn't weigh 14 pounds at 2 months he still couldn't wear the 1/2's because he is long -- 26 inches.

So-beware buying 1/2's. I love Pampers but.....the fact that they don't have true 2's in the large quantities at stores like Sam's club and BJ's frustrates me.

Beth B
Mom of Evan 4-4-03