PDA

View Full Version : Beth - Hemp Fitteds

blnony
07-09-2003, 09:57 AM
Beth-
I just read all the comotion over at MDC you started! ;)
Just to give you some info on some of them.
The Buckeye Bottoms is side snapping.
The Liz's Cloth is side snapping, and not that absorbent IMO. I like them, but I always have to put in some heavy doublers.
SMJAE is great. She has super CS and will work with you and probably has some good advice.
You might want to try a Cloud 9 Softie Hemp. This diaper is one of the most trim and absorbent I've found. Yes, it does take longer to dry, but it fits great and holds the pee. She does front snapping and side snapping versions. Just an idea for later.
The Sam's fitteds are wonderful. Great quality, soft, yada yada...but I doubt it has enough absorbency for what your looking for, but you might want to try to see if it works.
Hope you find what you're looking for...:)

egoldber
07-09-2003, 01:55 PM
Briana, LOL, I swear I was not trying to be controversial, I was just looking for some fresh opinions! :) I looked at the Cloud 9 page, and it looks promising. I don't have any trouble getting diapers dry, so that doesn't bother me. But of course, she's closed right now.

And I am a bit afraid you may be right about the Sam's Fitted absorbancy. She is just the monster pee machine. Sigh...

liya
07-09-2003, 02:10 PM
This POST has been edited by me.....I thought i had stated to her that my son was a super soaker and i didnt this was my fault...so i edited this post not to hurt anyones business...

thanks for understanding

blnony
07-09-2003, 03:26 PM
I just had to bring it up! :)
I email with Lisa a lot, and I will see when she might have a front snapping large hemp available.

Momof3Labs
07-09-2003, 04:04 PM
Beth, my gut feeling is that Liz's Cloth and Buckeye Bottoms won't cut it for you, and neither will the Sam's Fitted. The Sam's really aren't that absorbent - good but not great.

Have you thought about using FBs stuffed with Sam's Soakers? That's a pretty absorbent (though kinda bulky) package.

liya
07-09-2003, 04:07 PM
you know also try out the NN soakers if your going to go that route...

egoldber
07-09-2003, 04:40 PM
Thanks guys. I find hemp prefolds too bulky for daytime. And unfortunately, Sarah is between sizes on FBs right now. She can wear the Petite Toddler size, but not if it is super stuffed. The larges gap at the legs on her right now.

parkersmama
07-09-2003, 09:55 PM
I've used that combo at night for Amy Grace...FB with Sam's Soaker inside and man is she dry in the morning! She is dry as a bone and the Sam's Soaker is drenched! Of course, she's still totally immobile but I can't see that a kid could ever actually walk while wearing that combo! LOL! It's just soooo bulky.