PDA

View Full Version : Calling all diaper service users...

lizamann
07-09-2003, 10:54 AM
I'm just curious...how many people reading this forum use a diaper service? It seems like everyone here washes their own - I'm not nearly that diehard (yet). Especially since we have a communal laundry room used by 100 apartments. I think the other tenants would freak out if they saw me throwing poopy diapers into the machines!

Also, anyone have a sense of what is more common in the real world? Washing your own or using a service?

Beth (not the same Beth, the diaper expert, who seems to have tried everything and gives great advice!)

nohomama
07-09-2003, 11:49 AM
I used a service for about the first six monthes of Lola's life. After that, I started laundering my own. I think it's a great thing to have especially for parents of a new babe. Not that doing your own diapers can't be done from the beginning. It's just nice not to have to think about it. All I had to remember was to put the dirty dipes out to be picked-up once a week...about all that I could handle as I was becoming used to being a Mama and functioning with very little sleep.

As for how popular diaper services are, it really depends on the area. A lot of places don't have anyone who offers the service. I live in MA and there's currently only one company that services the entire state. I know a lot of families in my area who've used this service. Most, like me, began using the service and then transitioned to laundering their own diapers.

Zansu
07-09-2003, 01:00 PM
We've been using a service for almost 14 months, and we've been very happy with it. That said, I am in the process of building a stash so I can cancel the service. I want to use all of the cute diapers I've been accumulating. :)

I only know one other person (a SAHM) who CDs, and she washes her own.

Here's the link to the service I use: www.nextgenerationbaby.com
if you want to check pricing or products.

My service also offers AIO service. You purchase AIOs (new or used) and they will buy them back when you're done with them. They don't advertise the AIO option, so if you're interested, ask your service if they offer anything similar.

HTH