PDA

View Full Version : Leaking? Or Not? Huggies problem...

KMommie
07-09-2003, 03:18 PM
I am totally clueless, so I figured I'd take it to the experts! :) DD is in Huggies Ultra-trim right now. For the past couple of days, since I opened a new package, I've noticed "strange" leaking. I've always assumed that when a diaper leaks it's around the sides or up at the top. I'm feeling dampness right in the middle of the diaper, between DD's legs or wherever the majority of wetness goes. Are these "defective" Huggies? I've never noticed it before. Or is this normal? Do I need to try a different size? TIA!

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

Momof3Labs
07-09-2003, 04:01 PM
How often are you changing her? Maybe try changing her a little more often and see if that helps. You might need the next size up (what size are you using, and how much does she weigh?) or it may be a defective batch. I definitely would not consider it normal!

KMommie
07-09-2003, 04:13 PM
I'm using Ultratrims Size 2. DD is 15 pounds. Do you think I should try size 3? I was moving her over to the Supremes size 3, but she started to get a rash with them, so I went back to the size 2's--- I had bought an extra package (the one I just opened), just in case, I was worried about the added stuff in the Supremes, but the cut fits her so much better.

This morning I changed her when she woke up, fed her and when she was done feeding, the bottom of her onesie was wet. Not the edges, which was weird, the middle of the diaper area. Could that still be a sizing issue?

I try to change her as soon as she goes, DD had terrible diaper rash the first few weeks after birth, and so we just got in the habit of changing as soon as she goes. With the Huggies, it's so easy to tell, because that gel changes shape as it absorbs liquid. You can just feel and know. Thanks for your help!

blnony
07-09-2003, 04:29 PM
I've never used H. Ultra Trims, but that kind of leaking sounds odd to me. I think you may have a defective batch. I'm guessing you've used Ultra Trims before and this hasn't happened? you may want to try another package just to make sure they are defective or to make sure that you need to move onto another diaper.

egoldber
07-09-2003, 04:36 PM
It sounds like a defective batch to me. I would call Huggies customer service and complain.

HTH,