PDA

View Full Version : cover question

Daisy918
07-13-2003, 12:05 PM
I have a M velcro/aplix Prorap cover for DD. When I put it on her, it gaps around the thigh. But if I tighten it to fit there, it's way too tight around her waist. Is it the wrong size--or does the brand just not fit her well?

Edited to add:
I use it w/CPFs, b/c I read on here that they are the best covers for them. I've tried a Rikki, which fits nicely, but it is bulky. What other trim, snug-fitting covers are good for CPFs?

Momof3Labs
07-13-2003, 12:21 PM
I have exactly the same problem with Prorap covers - they just seem to be made for babies with bigger thighs. At least in the medium size! For reference, Colin's waist is about 18" and his thigh measures about 9".

liya
07-13-2003, 12:48 PM
You know even if Arian has cosiderably big thighs...i never liked how proraps fit him...You might want to try Bummis even though its kinda big on Arian in the waist the thighs are great......Also Bumkins, since shes already up and walking this could be a great option..I havent tried it persay because they have told me they arent so good for babies that dont walk, crawl or sit yet...And some have told me that its a really trim cover....

egoldber
07-13-2003, 04:29 PM
You may want to try a Bumkins or Bummis cover. I have a similar problem with Sarah in the large size Proraps (she can actually still wear a medium Proraps too).

My experience with Bummis is that they run slightly smaller than the Proraps and the Bumkins run MUCH smaller than the Proraps.

In my experience, the Bumkins gives the most trim fit, but I can onyl trifold a COF in those, I can't snappi a CPF and have it fit into a Bumkins cover.

HTH,

parkersmama
07-20-2003, 11:11 PM
I have the exact same problem with my Proraps. I feel like I'm gonna cut her in half at the waist to get the legs tight enough! I really love the Bumpy covers to solve this problem. They fit great...thighs and waist and over just about any type of diaper!