PDA

View Full Version : I just wanted to say:After washing the FIRE FLIES they are not as

mama2be
07-14-2003, 09:37 PM
They were real intimidating at first...and now they seem perfect!!!! Did you all see the rainbow colored collection on the Mothering Boards...

liya
07-14-2003, 09:47 PM
Yup...i have the wool colors right in my hand too....lol But anyhow i havent touched the smalls cause they look really small and fit Arian at the last snap..But the larges are way too large, i mean i know i have to allow some space for shrinkage but i still think they will be toooo big...Plus i dont know, they just didnt convince me that much....I mean they are a great diaper but it seems simple for the money(JMHO)...and the elastic is way strong which is good if you have a skinny thighed baby but not a chunkster like mine(it could be the sizing though) i just wish there was a medium...

sigh.....

Melaniee
07-14-2003, 11:56 PM
I'm So drooling over that rainbow. However by the time I had called her she didn't have anything in the size and type we needed...she said 3-4 weeks. I checked in 3 weeks and she said she foregoed the colored hemp shipment for REGULAR?!?!? AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH...Hopefully I'll have some diaper money when her next shipment comes in. I want all those blues & greens!

Momof3Labs
07-15-2003, 07:59 AM
I'm not too surprised - do you remember how big the Crickett's were when we first got them?? I noticed it more because I already had one that had shrunk down.

gravymommy3
07-15-2003, 11:36 AM
Well,

I have had a firefly for about three weeks (ordered it back when everyone wents nuts here and ordered them - however long ago that was!) It has graced Hayden's little butt three times. I took it out of the dryer last night and was folding it and noticed that on one of the doublers, all of the fabric was not caught by the serging and it is unravelling. I contacted Lori today and since this was purchased as a "second" (still paid $15 dollars for this thing) she is unwilling to do anything. I am hopping mad right now.

Guess this will end any fuz lust I might have had.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Calmegja
07-15-2003, 11:52 AM
Oh no! I don't like to hear that!

Do you know anyone who could reserge it?

I studied on the Fuz, and decided to go with more of Liz's. I really, really like the way they fit Josh, and I am so pleased with Liz in general.

I swear, just when I think I'm down with a system, I get bored, and lookout debit card! ;-)

liya
07-15-2003, 12:35 PM
Im soo soo sorry this happened to you....this is horrible....im really not a big fan of the fuz return policy though....but im sooo sorry this happened to you...

gravymommy3
07-15-2003, 12:54 PM
Thanks! It just kinda chaps my hide. I will prob. just take a needle and thread and try to mend it best I can. I just don't like spending that kind of money to have to repair something.

Oh well, at least now I don't "have" to have a fuz!!!

egoldber
07-15-2003, 02:27 PM
Wow! That really stinks! Hmm. Mine were seconds too, so I hope nothing happens to them!!

celfsh
07-15-2003, 02:42 PM
Amy,

I have access to a serger and would be willing to resew it for you if you'd like. Just let me know!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

gravymommy3
07-15-2003, 02:48 PM
Thanks Celeste.

I have a neighbor with a serger and she would do it if I ask. I may just try to mend on my own. It is more the principle of the thing. Everyone raves about how well made her stuff is and then it isn't. I really do appreciate your offer! (BTW - love the name Olivia - wanted desperately to use it for Hayden's middle name but that would have left her with HOG for initials!!)

celfsh
07-15-2003, 03:00 PM
Anytime! It's good to see you posting again--I haven't seen you around for a while!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

Momof3Labs
07-15-2003, 03:57 PM
Amy - OT - did you snag any of the LC prints that were on eBay today? There were some really cute brand new girl prints in size 2 (no boy prints :-( ) and I thought of you as soon as I saw them!

candybomiller
07-15-2003, 05:59 PM
Wow, Amy, I can't believe that Lori wouldn't do anything about the diaper. She advertises her seconds as being just as good as her originals, with only minor "cosmetic" flaws. I'm mad for you now. I've definitely given her enough business that she should be bending down in front of everyone I know!!!!

GRRR. That sucks. It's a shame too, because her diapers that are well made are REALLY well made.

Candy
Mommy to Matt
5/22/02

gravymommy3
07-15-2003, 08:27 PM
Missed them. Darn! What did they go for? Candy, I was surprized too. But that's ok - not in love w/ the diaper anyway!!

nak!!

liya
07-15-2003, 11:01 PM
10.00 dollars.....all girly ones too...