PDA

View Full Version : What about Bizzy B?

Calmegja
07-15-2003, 12:12 PM
What about her wool covers? They have completely caught my eye, and I was curious if anyone here had any?

I've heard wonderful things about her other stuff, but not mention of the wool?

Also, beginner's stupid question, but how does one care for wool?

liya
07-15-2003, 12:33 PM
I loooooooooooooooooooooooooove them...they fit Arian like a glove...To care for wool you just buy some Eucalan(you dont rinse this out) and wash it every week unless its soiled..the good thing about wool is you just air it out and reuse it...Its got antibactirial properties...also once a month or a month and a half you have to lanolize your covers you do thing by just adding a small amount of either lansinoh or purelan(you can also buy the liquid version of lanolin) put a few drops of baby shampoo to help with the lanolin blodges mix it with a cup of hot water then throw that into some cool water and throw your cover in that whole mumbo for about 15 min...
Wool breathes soooo well!!!! I hated it and now i loooove it..you just have to make sure you get a good soft one...

blnony
07-15-2003, 12:35 PM
I have a Bizzy B wool in one - with the snap ins. I really like mine a lot. Its hemp / with fleece inside and I really like the cover. Its not really trim, but not that bad either. Its soft, but not as soft as my Bumpy Wool. All in all, I really like mine a lot.
It fits Audrey very well.
I find wool to be very easy to care for. I haven't even had to lanolize any mine yet, and I've been using them for about 2 months. :)
If you had a newborn, or runny poop that gets on covers, then wool might be a pain, I don't know.
I just put a capful of Eucalan wool wash in my bathroom sink. Put my wool cover in, swoose it around some, knead it a little, then let it soak. Sometimes I remember its there, sometimes not! :) I then take it out, lightly wring it, lay it in a bath towel, roll it up to really wring it out, then I hang it to dry on my shower curtain rod. The next morning they're dry. The Bizzy B Hive dries as fast at my Bumpy too.
I only do this every three weeks maybe, or if the start to smell.

Edited to add: This shows you what mommyhood does to your brain - I've been cloth diapering since March thats 4 - 5 months ago. I've been using my wool covers for three months or longer and I've only washed them three times!!! :D And I've never lanolized them either. This sounds awful to me, now that I've taken the time to think about it, but I only wash them if they are smelly, and they've never lost their water sucking power either! :) They still hold all night for about 13 hours. So, I have to say, maybe this is why I've become such a wool freak.

Calmegja
07-15-2003, 12:40 PM
Do you mean Lansinoh like the cream I have for breastfeeding? In the purple tube?

Calmegja
07-15-2003, 12:41 PM
I can handle that. I've been so askeered to try, but that sounds like it's completely doable!

liya
07-15-2003, 12:42 PM
>Do you mean Lansinoh like the cream I have for
>breastfeeding? In the purple tube?

Yup exactly..you need to lanilize the cover when you notice it starts loosing its waterproof properties...that said...i have only lanolized once in 2.5 months...lol

Calmegja
07-15-2003, 12:49 PM
Thanks!

gravymommy3
07-15-2003, 12:59 PM
I love my BBH's also. I have two wool AIOs and one diaper. THe cool thing is that I can use the inserts from the AIOs in the diaper and vice versa. Very easy to care for and very well made. Wool totally rocks. I don't even use my Bummis covers any more. Just reach for whatever wool cover is on top of the pile.