PDA

View Full Version : Needing a good Poop stain remover...

anewdadin03
07-17-2003, 11:57 AM
Can anyone help my wife and I out in this area? Our daughter of 4mths. just loves to poop, all over her outfits! She is a Breast baby, which is a good thing, but I'm still not getting the stains out. I've tried Spray-n-Wash, soaking them in the sink with detergent, but I decided that neither one really works. Does anyone have a suggestion? Out here in Phoenix, when the temp is 110+ we don't get cold water, we get warm water, except in the winter then we get cold water, and I know that can put a damper on this problem as well. But please help us get rid of the stains.

Calmegja
07-17-2003, 12:15 PM
I wet the item, spray Zout on it, and then put it out into the sun. It should work liek a charm, and rather rapidly, too.

It works really well on organic type stains, and it has saved many a baby outfit in my experience....

blnony
07-17-2003, 12:19 PM
Here are a few things that help us:
1. Zout - its a stain remover in the laundry Isle. I spray to pretreat, then wash. this usually works. If this doesn't work try no. 2 or 3.
2. Sun - Put some lemon juice on the stain and let it sit in the sun for awhile. This works pretty good but might bleach some of the fabric depending on what it is.
3. Oxyclean - this works for almost all types of fabric. Just make a paste and pretreat or put a scoop in the wash in the machine.
HTH-

Kate888
07-17-2003, 12:20 PM
Yes. Zout, the sun and Oxiclean!! They're my secret weapons for poop stains :D

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

anewdadin03
07-17-2003, 01:05 PM
Great thanks for the help!
Adam

anewdadin03
07-17-2003, 01:06 PM
It sounds like the ZOut wins, thanks for the help, I will have to give this a shot.
Adam

anewdadin03
07-17-2003, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the help! I guess that I'm going to have to go to the store today and see if I can find a few of these products.
Thanks,
Adam

egoldber
07-17-2003, 01:45 PM
Goto zout.com. They have a store lcoator on their website. Not all stores carry it.

HTH,

heidi_timms
07-17-2003, 04:05 PM
I love Zout too and they have $.75 off coupons on www.zout.com. They sell at our Target and with the coupon, it's a great deal!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

AngelaS
07-17-2003, 08:52 PM
I use the Tightwad Gazette stain remover on light/pastel or otherwise ruined items...

1/4 c Biz or Clorox2
1/4 c Cascade dishwashing detergent

Dissolve in 1 gallon HOT tap water. Stir well and add clothes. Let soak for 24 or 48 hours and then wash as usual. Prepare to be amazed.... :D

I use this recipe on garage sale clothes, clothes that have been in storage and some items that I thought were beyond help. I have only ever encountered two garments that wouldn't come clean---one was baby vitamins. Be careful if you're doing a white shirt with a navy collar, but other than that I've not had any problems with colors bleeding. :D

Good luck!