PDA

View Full Version : Fluffy Mail Coming Soon!

C99
07-17-2003, 10:49 PM
Wheee! I tend to buy my CD purchases in big spurts rather than here & there, so I just made a bunch of CD purchases. Next week should be fun for me. I got:

8 premium CPFs
4 standard CPFs
2 Polar Babies hemp PFs
2 Snappis
2 Liz's Cloth hemp fitteds
2 Greenearth Baby covers
1 Bumpy Night wool cover
1 Bizzy B Hive wool cover
some Euculan

I'm in the process of selling off a dozen Kissaluvs 1s and he's nearly outgrown his infant prefolds, so our diaper supply situation is getting dire.

Melaniee
07-18-2003, 02:50 AM
I am totally like you, too! Then I get all nervous when fluffy mail after fluffy mail comes at once...hehehe

I'm waiting on some RB Sets, an RB cuddlebun & a FMBG AIO.

heytootsy
07-18-2003, 06:00 AM
Yeah, fluffy mail. It always feels good to make a big purchase.

egoldber
07-18-2003, 08:08 AM
I have fluffy mail too! I just got a dozen toddler CPFs yesterday, and on the way are 5 Sugar Peas size 2, and 1 Cloud 9 hemp softie!

blnony
07-18-2003, 08:25 AM
I am a fluffy mail junkie!! :)
My DH has finally suggested that I curtail my new passion.
I went so crazy I bought some small sam's fitteds for a non-existent 2nd baby!! :)
I also just got another Cloud 9 order, and I have my Sugar Pea's covers on the way, the Fuz order that will probably be so long in getting here, it too will be for imaginary baby #2.
I think thats it. Sometimes I go so crazy, I forget I ordered something until it arrives.
I might really need help for this addiction.

Calmegja
07-18-2003, 08:27 AM
Me, too!

Maybe it's the board...should we all back away from the monitor slowly, clutching our wallets? ;-)

I ordered 12 LC hemp fitteds, 2 Bizzy B wool covers (which I got yesterday, and I am in love), and Phunkymam is custom making me two wool covers. I also ended up with 3 Nightly Noodles from Liz, and I think those are the bomb. It's been a good fluffy mail couple of days, and the next week or so should be great, as well!

Then I bought my girls 12 preemie prefolds, and 2 preemie proraps for their dolls.

It, uh, seems, Mama's obsession has filtered down! LOL!

egoldber
07-18-2003, 11:27 AM
OK, I have to know! What size doll do you have? I am thinking about getting Sarah a Bitty Baby (from American Girl dolls) for Hanukkah and I would LOVE for her to have cloth diapered baby dolls!

Calmegja
07-18-2003, 12:19 PM
We have the aforementioned Bitty Baby, and Baby Chou Chou.

I've also made teeny FuzziBunz knockoffs for Meg to use with Bitty Baby. I took polarfleece, cut out the patterns, ran a quick three sided seam, and then cut out other pieces of fleece to work as "joeybunz". I stitched on velcro closures, and voila, itty FuzziBunz for Bitty.

If you get Bitty, which I highly recommend, be prepared for Bitty to go everywhere. I even had to "install" a doll carseat for Bitty.... ;-)

Bitty is fabulous!

blnony
07-18-2003, 12:46 PM
I have to say, that is the cutest thing I've heard of in awhile. Itty bitty fuzzibunz. I love it.
I can't wait until Audrey is big enough to enjoy this stage. You guys are the best Moms. You always sound like you're having so much fun with your kids. It is very inspirational on a day like today!;)

lizajane
07-18-2003, 05:30 PM
ohmigaw. itty bitty fuzzibunz and cloth diapered dolls!!! can i come play with someone's girls??? i just don't know if i can talk my boy into playing with diapers and dolls. SO PRECIOUS. you all are THE cutest.

sigh. we have all the fluffy supplies we need. i am having fluffy mail withdrawl... if i want to be a SAHM i have to keep it simple. poo.

MartiesMom2B
07-19-2003, 09:18 AM
Where do you get these dolls? I'm sure I'll have to have one. . . uhm I mean Martie, yeah Martie will have to have one.

Ooooh I can't wait for the doll stage. Liza you can come play with us!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Calmegja
07-19-2003, 09:24 AM
Be careful. Be very, very careful upon entering this site. It will suck you in....

http://www.americangirl.com

Click on Shop, and then Bitty Baby.

MartiesMom2B
07-19-2003, 09:35 AM
Jessica you did warn me! She can get a bitty doll that looks like mommy! The one with light skin, dark hair and eyes, and almond shaped eyes. All the stuff is so cute and I'm sure my mom could make diapers for her.

This is worth the cost right?

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Calmegja
07-19-2003, 09:40 AM
Yep. Every little penny. We debated for a time about the merit, but we took the leap, and I'm glad we did.

I'm embarrassed to admit, that we got Bitty a pram, and we go to the mall, with me pushing Josh, and Meg pushing Bitty in the pram. It keeps her occupied, it keeps her busy, and it's so cute it'll make your teeth hurt.

Of course, we don't do this at the mall on weekends! ;-)

egoldber
07-19-2003, 11:31 AM
I saw a mom and her little girl at the Nordstrom cafe the other day. The girl and her doll were both in high chairs, sitting side by side. It was SOOOOOOO cute!!! And of course, the doll had its own stroller too!

blnony
07-19-2003, 12:45 PM
At about what age did your girls start to really play with Bitty? My mom is really trying to come up with a good birthday present for Audrey, but i'm afriad at 1 she is too young to really play with this. Maybe a better second birthday gift?

egoldber
07-19-2003, 12:57 PM
If I were you, I wouldn't invest in a "good" doll yet. In the Christmas season, Target has doll sets available very inexpensively. I bought two last year (in the after Christmas sales) and I still have an unopened one that I am planning on giving to her for her birthday! Based on her reaction to this doll, I will decide whether or not to get her a Bitty Baby for Hanukkah. Otherwise, I'm going to wait until her third birthday (which may kill ME to wait that long, LOL!!)

Calmegja
07-19-2003, 02:34 PM
Meg got Bitty for her third Christmas, but she was dragging around other dolls long before that. They had to go places with us (she even has a child sling), and they had to have long elaborate names.

I think any age after two will work, because it's been my experience, with my girls, that that's when the serious Mommy role playing starts....

That's just my take, though....