PDA

View Full Version : Favorite diaper covers?

ginalc
07-20-2003, 10:20 AM
Hi all you fellow CDers! I am in need of some new diaper covers and want to know which are your favorites and why. Where did you order yours? Would you order from them again?

I am currently using Bummis Super Snaps with prefolds and I LOVE them! I just need some more covers as DS is growing and thought that I'd ask ya'll before I took the plunge and ordered.

Thanks for your input!

gina

Kate888
07-20-2003, 10:38 AM
Hi Gina, are you looking for PUL or wool covers? I use fitteds mostly and my favorite covers are:

PUL:
Mother Ease AirFlow, easy to care for and fits over everything. They're a little puffy, but I don't mind since we use them at home or under a dress

Bumpy: very trim, but it takes longer for me to put it on DD than the AirFlow, because I have to adjust the velcro to get a tight fit

Bumkins: use them with unsnappied CPFs. Great!

Wool:
Fuzbaby Fuz Easy: side snap, very trim and soft, fits over everything

Sugar Peas: not as trim as Easy, but not bulky, either.

Bizzy B Hive: a little bulky, but fits great.

HTH :)

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

nohomama
07-20-2003, 10:51 AM
I've suggested this so many times that I suspect some folks are beginning to think I sound like a broken record. You might want to try the "Just the Wraps" package from www.earthbaby.com . The only downside to this package is that all the wraps fasten with applix. Other than that it's great. It offers a good variety of covers (Bumpy Day, Night, and Wool, Polar Babies, Bummis, and one or two others) at a good price.

My other suggestions would be Motherease Airflow covers and Reuz'm Pull-On-Snap-Off covers. The later are a similar design to the ME Airflow but come in great prints. It is worth mentioning that I can't go overlong between changes (more than two hours or less if she's pounding liquids) when Lola is in this cover without moisture wicking from the dipe through the cover. Consequently, it's not a good overnight cover, nor is it a good choice for super heavy wetters.

Momof3Labs
07-20-2003, 11:46 AM
I love Bumpy covers!! I used to like ME Airflow a lot, but now we're getting red marks on Colin's thighs from them (just because I bought two more of them - that's why).

Got my Bumpys from www.naturalbabies.com.

C99
07-20-2003, 08:52 PM
Another Bumpy lover here. I actually also really like the Green Earth Baby covers. They're similar in style to the Proraps, but the PUL is thinner and softer without losing waterproofness.

Sarah R. -- I had thought about ordering that package, but then I had tried 1-2 of the covers already so it didn't seem worth it. It would be a great starter wrap package though.

em_jon98
07-20-2003, 09:56 PM
I love my Motherease Airflows. They fit fairly well and the fabric is nice. They are currently our fave, followed very closely by the Bumpy Night. The Bumpy fabric is so soft and the prints are adorable. I just wish they would put fold back tabs for the Aplix on it like the Bummis SWW has!

I used to really like the Bummis SWW, but it seems too trim for the phase we are in right now. I find that I have to shove little bits of CPF into it near the legs so that all of the diaper will be covered. It just doesn't feel as secure anymore, but I think it would work really well for the right shape of baby with the right dipe underneath.

I ordered from NaturalBabies.com and Naturalebaby.com. Both Colleen and Amanda are super easy to work with and ship VERY quickly.

egoldber
07-20-2003, 10:10 PM
Do you pin/snappi or trifold your prefolds? If you pin/snappi, I love the Motherease Airflow over them. For trifolding, I prefer the Proraps to the Bummis. I also really like Bumkins covers for her now, but the velcro scratched her when she was younger.

HTH,

parkersmama
07-20-2003, 10:52 PM
My absolute favorite are the Bumpys! They are so soft and very adjustable. I also use Proraps a lot because I have a lot of them. They fit nicely and I haven't had any blowouts. I like ME Airflows for nighttime but they are just too bulky/poofy for daytime.

AngelaS
07-21-2003, 06:41 AM
Over my fitteds I love my Dappi pullons. They're a no brainer, they're trim and they're EASY! :) Over snappied prefolds, I really liked Proraps.

ginalc
07-21-2003, 08:14 AM
Wow! You have all gven me some great leads!!!

I've never tried the pin/snappi technique. With DD#1 I learned a very cool way to fold the diaper so that it stayed secure and never needed anything to hold it. I used pull-on covers in either wool or cotton over them. Worked great. Only trouble is that I've forgotten how to do this! OK, it was over 10 years ago but I'm upset that I can't remember!!!

I will check out the Fuzbaby Fuz Easy, Just the Wraps, Bumpy, Proraps, and the Dappi pull-ons. I tend to dislike the velcro, too, Beth, as we've had the same experience with scratching.

Thanks to Kate, Sara, Lori, Caroline, Emily, Beth, Denise, and Angela. I appreciate your advice! :)

gina, mom to 3