PDA

View Full Version : Snapdragons Cover

blnony
07-21-2003, 10:08 PM
I am curious how the Snapdragon PUL covers are doing from The Posie Patch?
I am thinking of getting one, just because my workhorse Airflow needs a rest!;)
She is open, and has some really cute prints.

egoldber
07-22-2003, 12:13 AM
Well, I have decided that I don't like mine anywhere near as well as the Airflow. I have had more than a handful of leaks from wicking. But the kicker for me is the rise. On a younger baby it may not natter so much, but Sarah has almost outgrown these covers in the rise. It "barely" covers my Firefly.

They are a beautiful cover and well constructed. And the ballet shoes print, I can tell you, is incredibly adorable in real life.

blnony
07-22-2003, 08:24 AM
Hmmmm...I guess I don't know about it now. I also have a bid in on a Baby SOft Wraps cover with snap ins. You can use just the cover too. These look really neat. The legs have microfleece around them and I'm wondering if this might help on the red leg marks from my Airflow?
I doubt if I win the auction though, and I'm not willing to go any higher. I just need to find one more PUL cover, and I'd like something with a cute print.
I wonder if the Snapdragon is wicking because of the knit or woven on the outside? Some of my AIOs used to do that.

Kate888
07-22-2003, 09:06 AM
Hmmmm...I have the Snapdragons cover too, but never noticed a wicking problem. It's laminated fabric, so it's not like other PUL covers that have woven fabrics on the outside. I'll try mine again today to see how it works...Haven't used them for a while cause I'm using wool most of the time.

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

egoldber
07-22-2003, 09:36 AM
Kate,

Sarah is a super soaker, so I think that is part of my problem. But on the other hand, my Airflow never leaks no matter how saturated the diaper is.

And like I said, if I had bought a large cover a year ago, I probably would have been very happy and felt like I got my money's worth. But I only got it a couple months ago and I have a hard time using it over my large Firefly and my toddler size CPFs. It does fit over my Sugar Peas though.

But these may be issues unique to us, you know? But that has been my experience.

blnony
07-22-2003, 10:29 AM
Well, I went ahead and ordered one. She just has the cutest prints for covers I can find.
I figure, they aren't that expensive and I ordered the large so that should last us awhile. If I just use it during the day, maybe we won't have wicking issues. We'll see. :)

jlazx2
07-22-2003, 11:34 PM
I really like mine. I got a large & at first I felt it was too big- but I am finding if fits well over my diapers & the rise is a perfect fit. My dd was born 6/02 & usually wears mediums. I did email her to see if I needed a small instead & I guess she would of fit in that size also but I decided to stick with the L. I havent had a leak yet but I dont have a heavy wetter.