PDA

View Full Version : Houston, we have a problem...

gravymommy3
07-27-2003, 11:21 AM
We just got back from a week at the beach (Allen was scouting locations to shoot pics for clients next summer) and I was not able to take the CDs (due to space constraints) so Hayden was in a disposible all week. I put her back in cloth last night and all was well.

Or so I thought. This morning I put her in a wool-in-one and an hour later she comes up to me dragging the pampers bag. Ok, I figured she was telling me she was wet and wanted to be changed. So I take off the WIO and try to put a LC on her. She starts fussing and trying to get away from me. What the heck?? I take a pamper out and put it on her and she is as happy as a clam.

What do I do now?? Give in and let her have the disposibles and sell my stash??? Or force her to wear the cloth and hope this is just a phase or a control issue? I really want to cry right now :(

mama2be
07-27-2003, 12:08 PM
Ouch...

Sweetie I have no idea what to say....that is a hard one...YIKES!!!! Hmmm....guess I'll be packing my CDs where ever I go...

nohomama
07-27-2003, 01:12 PM
If I were you, I wouldn't throw in the towel and sell my stash anytime soon. I'd try and wean Hayden off of disposables. Hayden is almost exactly 2 months younger than Lola . I don't know about your babe but mine has reached and age were reasoning with her is possible (it doesn't always work, but it IS possible).

The next time you go to change her diaper if she protests a cloth dipe, tell her she can only have a disposable X number of times a day. See how that goes for a day or so, then reduce the number.

It may be that disposables are just novelle or it could be that she felt drier and more comfortable in them. I'd also try changing her more frequently for awhile so she's never too damp. If you don't already, using fleece liners will also make her feel drier.

Have no fear. This can be overcome.

-Sarah

AmbyChelle
07-27-2003, 01:18 PM
*snort*.. wouldn't that figure? I'm not going to be much help, but i think that if Baylee had an opinion on the subject, I'd let her choose. Don't sell your stash just yet.. just keep the disposables by the others and tell her to choose her diaper for each change. I would want to encourage cloth use by maybe having neat character diapers (although I think they are just tacky *L*.. if my baby likes them, that's what counts) and make a big play-time out of cloth diaper changes and if she chooses disposables.. just make it "serious business".. no fun and games.. just a normal diaper change. But other than that, she's right there at that age where giving her room to decide on things that affect her body and self is a really important thing. She's too young to understand that disposables aren't the best choice for the evironment or that they cost lots of money... so focus on what she does understand.. that some choices she's allowed to make and other's she's not. It's a very time when our babies don't want to be babies anymore and start having opinions :) It's also such a great time to see them taking control and becoming a person.. so bittersweet. Good luck with it. You aren't too far off from potty learning and it's nice to see your little one feels like she has control over what happens with her body :)

AmbyChelle

gravymommy3
07-28-2003, 09:45 AM
I wrestled her cute little butt into a CD last night. When she wakes up, we will see if I can get her into another one. Crazy, crazy baby!! But oh so cute!

mama2be
07-28-2003, 10:05 AM
I've been thinking about you girls!!!!

gravymommy3
07-28-2003, 10:14 AM
Hope you had an ok night. The only good thing about mine was that LaLa let me put the CD on her. How are the Sam's fitteds??

liya
07-28-2003, 10:49 AM
I hope she gets adjuted again soon....ohhh those darn sposies they can be so addicting even for a baby....sigh....

gravymommy3
07-28-2003, 11:04 AM
I wrestled her back into another one this morning. I am hiding the rest of the pack (even though Avery's sorry little butt still uses them) so she won't be tempted. It killed me to purchase a pack on vacation (thought I had enough to last and def. did not budget for them) and I don't want to have to buy them for her. Holding out hope that Avery will potty train before he is six!!!!!

Linda

Hope things are easing a little for you down there.

mama2be
07-28-2003, 11:41 AM
It could have been better :)
The good news is my little man slept thru the night...and my big man took the sheets from the bed out of the laundry and made the bed jsut right for me to crawl it. :)...

HMMM getting suspeicious my DH has always spoiled me rotten BUT on my way tot he DC area on Saturday he took the car and got gas for my drive and then had the radio (CD) set to Andre Bocelli singing our wedding song...does that mean he has another women on the side :)...
I had to edit: I think I steal this from Lisa (Nigele) if he does she better come help cook and clean and change diapers :)...

I'm glad LaLa let you CD her...I wish I had a picutre of her pulling those pampers behind her while you have a $25 CD in hand :)....

I'm heading to the hosptial to get a quick beta done...I'm cramping but too worried...but didn't ahve this with T and did have it with the other pregnacy. BUT I feel like I am far enough along that everything should be all right, but just being safe. I guess I'm activating my $1,000 COBRA INSURANCE with this...but well worth it...

gravymommy3
07-28-2003, 11:56 AM
Relax on the cramping - you are smart to get it checked and it is hard to relax but if you can mentally relax then your body will follow cue.

I would have to immediatly call a divorce laywer if my DH changed the sheets, gassed up the car, etc. I would know he was up to know good (meaning around here it just does not happen!) :)

Let me (and us) know the results.

TTFN.

parkersmama
07-28-2003, 01:50 PM
I'm with you, sister. Wesley is content to sit in pee & poop all day long with no real hope of potty training anywhere in sight. I keep telling him that he won't be allowed to wear diapers to kindergarten. I think he's decided that'll be fine and he'll just wear diapers until then (2 more years!)!! LOL!