PDA

View Full Version : Are disposable "overnite" diapers effective and worth the money?

LucyG
07-27-2003, 05:07 PM
DD often wakes up in the morning with a soggy bottom and a puddle underneath her. Just wondering whether others have found "overnite" diapers to help with this problem. I've only seen them in Huggies. Do other brands make them?

Momof3Labs
07-27-2003, 05:13 PM
When we used disposables, I found that the Huggies weren't quite enough at night, but the Overnites worked fine. One warning - they feel like cardboard when you put them on, but soften up as they get wet.

trumansmom
07-27-2003, 09:28 PM
We used overnites when he was younger and they seemed to help. Now, whenever he starts to leak, we just go up a size and it seems to help.

Good luck. Nightime leaks are no fun!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

Karenn
07-27-2003, 10:46 PM
Overnite diapers worked wonders here. He hasn't leaked out of a diaper in the morning in months. We've only used huggies.

parkersmama
07-28-2003, 07:24 AM
I think that maybe Huggies is the only one that makes them??? I've only seen Huggies for years now! We used them some with Parker and they worked great.

josephsmom
07-28-2003, 11:36 AM
We've been happy with Huggies Overnites. I think Luvs also makes an overnight diaper, but we haven't tried it yet. If you're buying Huggies for the first time, be aware that they run a little smaller than Pampers. We've generally had to change sizes in Huggies Overnites about a month earlier than we've changed sizes in Pampers Cruisers.

Helene
mommy to Joseph 12/29/01

KMommie
07-28-2003, 11:42 AM
I've just bought the next size larger in the Huggies to use for overnight. Probably would only work if your DD has chubbby legs like mine, to prevent leaking from the sides.

cara1
07-28-2003, 12:57 PM
LUVS makes them, but I like Huggies better. The other choice is to "double bag" as my Dad puts it.

cinrein
07-29-2003, 01:09 PM
OMG! Thank you so much for this post! We've had the same problem and I was going crazy trying to solve it (meanwhile thanking my lucky stars for the UCS). Tried different brands, sizes, etc and nothing worked. I didn't even know there was such a thing as an overnight diaper.

First time mama...
Cindy
Mama to Anna 2/11/03