PDA

View Full Version : wool soakers

Melaniee
07-31-2003, 03:17 AM
Does anyone use these, and if so what did you think?

liya
07-31-2003, 08:41 AM
I like em alot....they are good for bulky diapers and to keep everything in nice and tight..they arent the trimest thing around of course but are great for night time IMHO...

Momof3Labs
07-31-2003, 09:28 AM
My mom makes great ones for Colin - she came up with her own design that really fits him well. I have been shocked at how waterproof they are! Yet they seem so breathable.

Melaniee
07-31-2003, 11:45 AM
linda...do you have any from the woman that you recommended to me? I think I'm going to order one from her, but I'm still wool afraid that the moisture is just going to shoot through all those holes! LOL!

Kate888
07-31-2003, 01:13 PM
Hand knit soakers are the trimmest wool covers I've tried (such as Little Turtle Knits and Kool Sheep). I love to use them with hemp fitteds for naps. DD looks so cute and comfy in them! Aristocrat and Lana are great for night time, but a little bulky. They're very soft, too. If you can knit, you can purchase a LTK pattern on their site (or use free patterns available on the web).

HTH :)

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

liya
07-31-2003, 02:54 PM
you know i dont have any yet...i did place an order with her but her soakers look as good as thje LTKs and he soes a really nice job knitting seriously impresive ive seen some of her embroideries...i know you will love it...plus she also uses 100% wool...and girl at the price shes charging its a steal!!!i love soakers it keps everything nice and tight in place...and you can just put a shirt over and your set!!

Melaniee
08-01-2003, 02:14 AM
I may try to learn to knit in a while. I need to make headway on the baby book first, though.

Melaniee
08-01-2003, 02:16 AM
Let me know what you think!

I'm corresponding with her right now, I'll probably order 2...but I'm waiting to see her photos and she's having troubles getting them to me. I think I want the type with the longer leg (aristocrat style).