PDA

View Full Version : Need help - what to get & how to convince DH

trumansmom
08-01-2003, 04:45 PM
*** Edited for spelling

Okay, okay! I think you may have another convert! As I was buying my gajillionth box of Pampers today, I started thinking, "Enough is enough!" I'm tired of spending the money and I'm tired of creating such a huge amount of garbage! I'm also thinking potty training is looming around the corner (a distant corner, but a corner nonetheless!), and I'm pretty convinced cloth would help in that area.

So, here's where I need help... I'm going to ask at daycare, but I'm pretty sure they are going to want to keep using sposies there. And since I work full time, I don't want to do laundry more than twice a week. (Is that possible? Or is the stink going to take over the house?) So what I want is enough diapers to get through all day Saturday and Sunday, 5 extra for after work/before bed, 5 that will get a Super Pee Boy through the night w/o leaking, and probably 2 or 3 AIO's for my sweet, but challenged, DH for when I'm not home.

And to ask some really basic questions, what do you do with dirty dipes? Wet dipes? And do you use cloth when you are out? What's a rough estimate on how much this will cost? And what do I need to get to cover that time frame? I'm thinking the money angle will be the most convincing with DH.

Thanks guys! Please help, because it's all your fault!!! :)

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

liya
08-01-2003, 04:57 PM
HEYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! Truman is my BDAY TWIN!!!!!!!lol i was born on november 29th...such a great day to be born ;) anyhow i dont have much help since i havent had the experience with CD and an almost 2 year old ....but i know the gals here will have alot of advice for ya!!!!
Just wanted to say....Welcome....!!!